JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
Hello guys.
I have been having a recurring problem effectively searching topics for information. I've tried the search box, clicked titles only, used the drop down, all to no avail.
Sorry if this seems elementary to some, but could someone give me a quick tutorial?
My specific query is : "Pistol caliber carbines at Johnson creek range".
If this in fact has not been discussed, I would be surprised. However I have tried other queries and had no results as well.
Thanks in advance for the support!

Hello guys.
I have been having a recurring problem effectively searching topics for information. I've tried the search box, clicked titles only, used the drop down, all to no avail.
Sorry if this seems elementary to some, but could someone give me a quick tutorial?
My specific query is : "Pistol caliber carbines at Johnson creek range".
If this in fact has not been discussed, I would be surprised. However I have tried other queries and had no results as well.
Thanks in advance for the support!
The only long guns allowed there are .22lr. only

Upvote 0
The only rifle you can shoot there is 22LR. Also, no magnum loads, even 22 magnum.
I'm good with that. The club is convenient, you get your own pass key and you can shoot your own ammo. You can keep your brass if you want or drop it in the collection bin after you clean up.
Www.johnsoncreekgunclub.com

Upvote 0
I belonged to JC a few years ago - I asked the owner that specific question at the time. His response was no - they are not allowed. His reasoning was increased velocity out of the longer barrels. JC was just too restrictive for me - fixed distance only, etc., so I eventually moved on. Nice indoor range if you don't mind the restrictions.

Upvote 0
I haven't seen your name in awhile, @etrain16!

I shot there twice as a guest and quite disliked it. The long-distance shooting was not helpful to training. For a very few purposes, it is certainly convenient, but the rules didn't work for me so i didn't join.

On the other side of the coin, the reason the owner has the power rules is because of the backstop. If he had to upgrade it--at the cost of tens of thousands--membership costs would have to go way up.

Upvote 0
I haven't seen your name in awhile, @etrain16!

I shot there twice as a guest and quite disliked it. The long-distance shooting was not helpful to training. For a very few purposes, it is certainly convenient, but the rules didn't work for me so i didn't join.

On the other side of the coin, the reason the owner has the power rules is because of the backstop. If he had to upgrade it--at the cost of tens of thousands--membership costs would have to go way up.

Yeah, I've been quiet the last month or so - had hand surgery that made it painful to type anything more than a few words, so I've mostly been lurking. Getting back in the swing again :)

Upvote 0
I've been a member at Johnson Creek for six or seven years now. It's a perfect get away to kill some time. The price is quite reasonable. It has been there a long time and is in the middle of a residential neighborhood. There are houses on both sides of it. I understood the rules when I joined. I simply shoot rifles elsewhere. I don't have the desire to shoot at places that have 18 month waiting lists, RO storm troopers and demands that you buy their ammo and then they want your brass afterwards.
It's just a neat little range in an unexpected place. The other thing I like is that Walmart is just across 82nd for ammo and there's a cigar place around the corner.
Effing heaven.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews