JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi All:

I am looking for a few, quality older strait razors in descent condition. I don't really want to buy from Ebay or one of the other mail order sites. Do any of you have suggestions where I might try between Portland and Seattle? I live in Tacoma but am willing to drive for the right opportunity.

Thank You:

James

Hi All:

I am looking for a few, quality older strait razors in descent condition. I don't really want to buy from Ebay or one of the other mail order sites. Do any of you have suggestions where I might try between Portland and Seattle? I live in Tacoma but am willing to drive for the right opportunity.

Thank You:

James
You might find a "strait razors" in a fjord, but you may have better luck finding a "straight razor" that you're looking for.

;) :D

And here I thought James was looking for some of George's old razors...

On a serious note, you absolutely will have to order on-line. There's no retail source for real straight razors I've found in this entire state (although, interestingly, my spouse's beauty supply store, Sally's, has had the inexpensive "shavettes," the fake straight razors that take single-edge disposable blades).

You might ask these guys :

OREGON
Oregon Knife Collectors Assoc meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month in the Eugene area for a knife share and dinner meeting. Annual 430-table awesome knife show in April (April 18-19, 2009) and mini-show during the winter. Dues $20 per calendar year, family $23, includes newsletter. Contact OKCA, PO Box 2091, Eugene, OR 97402 or call 541.484.5564 or visitOKCA

WASHINGTON
North West Knife Collectors meets the 1st Thursday of each month at 6 pm at Elmer's Restaurant at 7427 S. Hosmer Street, Tacoma, WA. Dues are $20 per year and $5 for additional family members at same address. Contact NWKC, 10602 NE 60th St, Kirkland, WA 98023 or call Don Hanham at 425.827.1644 or e-mail NWKC

After seeing this out of curiosity I looked at Amazon and was surprised to see they still sell these things. Quite a few kinds there. Not what the OP wanted of course as he is looking for old ones but, I was surprised to see there must be a lot of people still using the old way to shave.

After seeing this out of curiosity I looked at Amazon and was surprised to see they still sell these things. Quite a few kinds there. Not what the OP wanted of course as he is looking for old ones but, I was surprised to see there must be a lot of people still using the old way to shave.
I'm 27, and I rock the double edge safety razor. Even my "premium" blades only cost be like $10/yr.

I'm 27, and I rock the double edge safety razor. Even my "premium" blades only cost be like $10/yr.
Damn I have not seen one of those things in decades. Since I sport a lot of facial hair can get away without shaving for a couple days at work. Often hit the spots with an electric when in a hurry. Have been using the throw away's for a hell of a long time. Ever since the stores started having to lock up the damn blades for the nice razors and it was too much hassle to find a person with the damn key. 🤬
Daily Wire did a VERY funny ad making fun of Harry's a while back when they got "offended" and dropped their ads. So I did pre order one of their deals just to support them. Will be interesting to see how it feels to shave with a real razor again when the kit gets here. NOT brave enough to try a Straight on myself. :D

Damn I have not seen one of those things in decades. Since I sport a lot of facial hair can get away without shaving for a couple days at work. Often hit the spots with an electric when in a hurry. Have been using the throw away's for a hell of a long time. Ever since the stores started having to lock up the damn blades for the nice razors and it was too much hassle to find a person with the damn key. 🤬
Daily Wire did a VERY funny ad making fun of Harry's a while back when they got "offended" and dropped their ads. So I did pre order one of their deals just to support them. Will be interesting to see how it feels to shave with a real razor again when the kit gets here. NOT brave enough to try a Straight on myself. :D
I have a new manufacture shavers, and a few old ones. I think I actually like my old one the most. I'm not sure about Harry's, but I use feather DE blades. I buy 100 for about $30.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top