Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Searching a child forum....

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Dyjital, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

I have noticed recently that in the classifieds if/when I search them say for "Washington" only or "Oregon" only it seems to be going off of a cached copy around 3.25.13 and does not pull up any posts after that.

I can hit the main topic and it will show up the WA/OR/ID as recent but doesn't pull them up if I search specifically.

2. Dyjital

Here is a better description of the issue:

See it shows on the main page, the most recent post was Today at 5:50pm
    Untitled-1.jpg

Now when I hit the Quick Search for Handguns in Oregon I get this; where it clearly shows using Oregon as the search location the last new thread was posted in on 4-8-2013.... ..
    Untitled-2.jpg

Now when I hit the primary "Handgun Classifieds" I get this; and it shows the most recent is today at 5:30pm...

Untitled-3.jpg

It (the search) has been anywhere from 3-7 days behind when I click to filter by ads only in Oregon.
    I've cleared cookies, cache etc. This happens on my iPhone, iPad, computer (Firefox and Chrome), on my home WiFi and as well as on cellular data.

Just wanted to bring this up. I hope this makes more sense than my first post.

3. lazerblazer

lazerblazer Portland Active Member

I have noticed the same issue, I recall noticing it after the site went back to full function. Not sure if there is anything that we can personally do I believ it is a code issue, none the less you are not alone!

4. xd45acp

xd45acp molalla Active Member

This was addressed in the thread about the search feature. It is can't be fixed until Joe can gather more funds.

5. Dyjital

Ah, thanks xd45acp, I didn't recall hearing anythig specific like this or I skipped over it.

6. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Hello,

This is a known issue which we're working on :thumbup:

Thanks,
    Joe Link

Dyjital and (deleted member) like this.