JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
[h3][/h3]
I searched on "The American's" including the double-quotes.
I got back about 10million hits as the word 'the' is used in most posts.

How to search exact phrase?

And while I might use DuckDuckGo, the results may be in the where we don't talk about.

TIA

I tried a search on Paine, as in Thomas Paine
and got a number of results with pain in them, but not paine.
It also matched the proper name. So I got a few results which I expected, and many which I didn't.

Sometimes, exact matching is necessary.

Upvote 0
~ Twenty years ago I knew a guy named Richard Wacker (real bad azz biker type) not sure how he'd show up on a google search.

Also unsure why his parents named him Richard, mind you his dad did have an nasty sense of humor.

OK, that was interesting (just did a search), seems a number of parents did that to their young'uns, looks like most of them prefer Rich.

FWIW There weren't a lot or us that got away with calling him Dick to his face.

Upvote 0
the+Americans
Search Results For Query: The+Americans

the first result is this one:
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/6-5-creedmoor-ruger.381938/#post-3024728

Noodle said:
Is that a RPR.
Are you looking to trade as shown? Scope and bi pod. What scope?
Ammo?
Mdt Ruger american and rpr buttstock threaded barrel I have about three boxes of ammo

So, not an exact match.

----

Adding context can help. Are you looking for the TV series The Americans? Because this:

tv series the americans

will get you lots of results about the TV series.

The context is on searching Northwest Firearms for exact terms.

The Americans is an example, that's all. There are posts around about the Ruger rifle - "American" and the military unit "All Americans" and plenty of political.

I could try using Google's advanced search:

This returned only 35 results.
And it returned THREADS, not POSTS.

There are restricted places on this site that the robots are blocked from indexing/searching. So this is not a perfect solution.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads