JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank all of you!

I didn't serve and it's always been something I regretted. Not so much because I wanted to be in the military, but because I see how much burden those who did went through and go through. So I feel the weight of not doing my part.
I feel guilt. And it makes me read so much more about Vets, their struggles and all the stories of war from WW2 through today.
Then I feel more guilt.

So I try to support them when I can. I've always tried to reach out and recruit Vets at work. Sometimes just a Thank You goes a long way.

I spoke to a Vietnam Vet while at the chiropractor. He opened up a bit and you could tell the experiences he had were still affecting him as vividly today as they did 40 years ago.
He talked about his struggles with PTSD and adjusting back to life.

When I thanked him and shook his hand My eyes were a little watery. It was hard to hear, but easy to listen. Just wished I could have had more time to hear more.

No need to feel guilty clearconscience.
Pride in or of service comes in many forms.
Getting someone a job , listening to what someone has to say or just saying "Thank you" are all forms of service.
Service to country and service to your fellow man often go hand in hand.
I do not expect everyone to serve in the military , I request however that you respect those that do and have done so.
You do this in spades from the sound of it.
Andy

If you have lived this life or have some one in you life who has and you have been close to it, this can be a tough watch as well. If not, if can start to give you a bit of understanding.

My boys have seen this video, but it was a bit much after being in country. I watch it now and then to remind me of what they may have went through. I understood a bit more after being involved in a real close almost shoot situation a couple years ago.

Speaking only for myself , I think that I am not the same man now as I was then when I went into combat.
For sure those events and the things I did have shaped me or influenced my thinking.
But I have come to the understanding that I did what I had to do and that I no longer have to make those choices or judgments.

That being said it is nice to know that I have the skills and willingness to use them if needed. I only hope I do not have to ever again.
It has also given me a whole new outlook on the phrase "It could be worse."
As well as looking at life as I have seen it worse , if I made it through that , I can make it through this.
Andy

I get what you are saying mjbskwim.
Would it have made the news if it were anyone else?
And it is true that folks should see to their own affairs , before addressing others about theirs.
However , because of O'Neill's past achievements , rightly or wrongly , he will make the news.
But I do agree with "leave the guy alone".
Sometimes it is best to let the person fix the deal , the best way he can , by himself.
Let him sort out his problems and move on.
Just like everyone else should do , when they have issues ...
Andy
If the guy were a liberal or OBUMMER supporter there would be no story the end

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews