JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yesterday on lunch I toured the USS Port Royal and today the wife and I went down and toured the USS Green Bay: very cool experience, and I want to give huge props to the sailors and marines who allowed all of us civilians to tromp through their living and work spaces. Particularly the sailors of the Green Bay, which apparently got pulled in at the last minute as a replacement for the USS Boxer, which had some kind of mechanical problems. I was looking forward to seeing the Boxer, but the Green Bay, a "floating dock," is a type of ship I had never seen and was really fascinating.

All in all a great time, for everyone. If you are in the Puget Sound area and have the time to check it out this weekend I highly recommend it!

I'd like to second this motion! I got to tour and take a short cruise on an amphibious-assault ship at the Portland Rose Festival a few years ago. It was a wonderful experience to see how professional and proud all of the Sailors and Marines were---AND how hard they all worked to make the ship run. It's NOT like what we see on television---it's tight and cramped and spartan---most of them share a still-warm bunk with somebody on the other shift! Don't miss the opportunity to take the tour..........................elsullo :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top