JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When the gill netters pay as much cash into the states coffers as sport fisherman do, I will shut up about them ruining the sport fisherman's chances of harvesting some fish for their table.

It was! The turnaround was fun!

Boyd (owned the sunset),
served my wife and I honeymoon dinner,
Bless his hard old heart he wouldn't let me pay for dinner.
10 years later on that date, when we walked in he hollered "the honeymooners" and once again wouldn't let us pay for dinner.

Man was he pi$$ed when he found the cash under the plate.

I fished with Leonard Hammer, perhaps one of the best skippers in a long time.

I sure loved those days. That was way before they planted all that damned grass and obliterated the dunes.
It really sickens me to see what they have done to PC and the cape over the years.

Why don't you try fishing up near Portland instead of Astoria.
Plenty of fresh fish near the mouth of the Columbia below the all your friends nets where you're fishing.

Rather not, why don't you come fish in Astoria where there's supposedly "plenty" of fresh fish in your words? Only problem is you have to deal with sea lions here, oh wait, that's the main discussion on this forum, not gill netters. Actually, stay in Portland, seems like a better place for most people commenting on this post, don't need any extra people out on the water around here.

Actually, I'd rather eat the arse out of a road killed skunk than live in Portland. Nothing personal against some our fine members that live there mind you, but that place is among my 5 top places to NOT be in.

Only thing I do in Portland is go on the rivers through that hole.

Last Edited:
I dislike the greater portland area, although I do from time to time, hit Oregon City and make a pig of myself at Roakes :)

LOL I have been eating there nearly since it was built. (well I started going there with my mom back in the 40's) "Long Johns is what most folks called it, Foot Longs " LOL
They served one fantastic Dog and one great hamburger with their own sweet sauce and that was it. The best in the country. Oh and the pop cooler out front with Birelys Orange drink
Used to be the absolute best Hot Dog "Cony" in the Nation. They even flew them to the White House back in the day. I still eat there often, but they sure are not what they use to be. Still the best. My mom nearly bought it but got there about a half hr after Roaks got it. Was really disappointed. She drove all the way in from Pacific city to put a deposit on it................... but too late.
I still have the recipe for the original sauce. I will someday get a food trailer and sell them as they should be made when the $$$ is there to do so.
They quit making the hotdogs the way they used to also. They were made in Portland special for them back then.
They would be deep fried and the skin would slightly crisp when cooked but now they use some kind of wimp dog and phony skin on them and boil them.

LOL I have been eating there nearly since it was built. (well I started going there with my mom back in the 40's) "Long Johns is what most folks called it, Foot Longs " LOL
They served one fantastic Dog and one great hamburger with their own sweet sauce and that was it. The best in the country. Oh and the pop cooler out front with Birelys Orange drink
Used to be the absolute best Hot Dog "Cony" in the Nation. They even flew them to the White House back in the day. I still eat there often, but they sure are not what they use to be. Still the best. My mom nearly bought it but got there about a half hr after Roaks got it. Was really disappointed. She drove all the way in from Pacific city to put a deposit on it................... but too late.
I still have the recipe for the original sauce. I will someday get a food trailer and sell them as they should be made when the $$$ is there to do so.
They quit making the hotdogs the way they used to also. They were made in Portland special for them back then.
They would be deep fried and the skin would slightly crisp when cooked but now they use some kind of wimp dog and phony skin on them and boil them.

YEah, my grandma told me that her and my grand dad went there while they were dating. that would be just after the war.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top