JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ccawa_newheader.jpg

ACTION ALERT

Hi

Information about this Action Alert was sent in the recent CCA Connect. There is still time to respond to your U.S. House member and U.S. Senators. Please read below and take TAKE ACTION today.

Washington Congresswoman Jaime Herrera Beutler has been joined by Oregon Congressman Kurt Schrader in introducing legislation to better protect endangered Columbia, Willamette, and Snake River salmon and steelhead from predation from marine mammals. CCA was prominently mentioned in the Congressional press release, which included a quote from CCA's Gary Loomis. The bill just received a hearing on Thursday, July 23 in the House Natural Resources Committee. Now is the time to weigh in with your federal representatives in support of the legislation!

H.R. 564 would authorize NOAA, the states of Oregon, Washington and Idaho, as well as the Columbia River treaty tribes, to remove sea lions from areas where they are negatively impacting endangered Columbia River basin salmonid runs. Under current law, the removal process is cumbersome, ineffectual, and only applies to the Columbia just below Bonneville Dam.

In five short years, the number of sea lions counted in the Columbia River at Astoria has increased tenfold, from about 200 to nearly 2,500 this year. A recent estimate from NOAA found that sea lions may be consuming as much as 45% of the endangered Columbia River spring Chinook run. Expanding populations of sea lions (California and Stellar) are having a significant impact on other species, including sturgeon.

Please take action now to send a pre-drafted email to your U.S. House member and U.S. Senators encouraging them to support a solution to this growing problem. Congress will only take action if they hear from all of us!

takeaction_red.jpg

I have contacted my reps about this some time ago and both the witches still will not help unless it is a benefit to their liberal agenda!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
Who elects these people????:mad::mad::mad:

No one with guts will admit to that. Well no one with any real guts would vote for them anyway. Only leftist nation destroyers.

How does Sea Lion taste, anyway? Just askin'!
If I said it tastes like chicken,You would ''Sea'' that I am ''Lion.'':s0020: Actually it tastes really good,:s0072: I like it better than Bald Eagle, Spotted Owl or Marbelled Murrilet.:s0108: :s0121:If anyone's interested in saving the Tuna,:s0051: we can Market all that Sea Lion meat:s0145: and sell it in cans and call it ''Chicken of the Sea Lion !'' :s0147:

" sell it in cans and call it ''Chicken of the Sea Lion"

I'm still trying to figure out why I can still go to a grocery store and buy cans of a species that is as endangered as the Salmon is supposed to be...
...Anyone for some canned Bald Eagle?
...maybe some Mrs. Paws, frozen Snow Leopard?
...or, perhaps some "AfricaKist" canned Lion? (tell 'em Cecil sent ya')

Last Edited:
I know spear fisherman hate them Sea Lions. :s0117:If your diving and have a bag of fish that you speared they will come from nowhere and swoop your bag ,:s0121: fish and all. Had an avid spear diver tell me a spear diving friend of his got half of his hand bit off:s0075: :s0039: by a Sea Lion. They have some wicked teeth. :s0163:

I know spear fisherman hate them Sea Lions. :s0117:If your diving and have a bag of fish that you speared they will come from nowhere and swoop your bag ,:s0121: fish and all. Had an avid spear diver tell me a spear diving friend of his got half of his hand bit off:s0075: :s0039: by a Sea Lion. They have some wicked teeth. :s0163:

They have done that to fishermen landing salmon here in the rivers also. They just grip and tear. No sharp teeth per se just a strong bite and massive weight. One sunk a 14 ft aluminum boat in the Willamette also, when it came over the side after a netted fish.
We watched one kill a crane just for the sake of killing it behind goat Island 2 years ago. People best watch their pets swimming near the shore when they are in the river also.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top