JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cant believe my eyes.
People expecting the government to display common sense.
You guys are hilarious.
I drive Marine Drive almost daily and I frequently see these things making their way east up the Columbia.
Something must be done but expecting the annual crop of lefty politicians to do anything more than lip service is just
pie in the sky hope for change.

well without gov. action a citizen would go to the pen over it so i don't see how beeching about not enough gov. action is out of line, people have been trying to convince the neck tie brigade to do something for years...nothing has happened

They are a part of the ecosystem and need to exist. Just not in the artificial numbers they have been allowed to..

oh i completely agree, they should be there and they are an important part of the local food chain. but they have become so numerous that we are finding them way up the columbia and even in the little rivers/creaks that the salmon run up to spawn. i think once they have gone far enough in from the ocean they should be stopped.

Speaking of the flippered buggers, there is one that has been hanging out in the Clackamas River the last few days outside of my office just downstream from the high rocks area. When I told my boss he said (sarcastically) "Well, you shot it didn't you?".

oh i completely agree, they should be there and they are an important part of the local food chain. but they have become so numerous that we are finding them way up the columbia and even in the little rivers/creaks that the salmon run up to spawn. i think once they have gone far enough in from the ocean they should be stopped.

I guess we need Grizzlies and ones that developed the taste for Sea Lions.

Recently there was a story online about 8 sea lions being killed in seattle...I posted that when the killer got done there would he please come down to Portland and kill the pests here. You should have seen the response....every bleeding heart came on and wept for the poor sea lions and how terrible I was to say such awful things. What a bunch of idiots!!

Well thats the problem we have a bunch of Tree hugging Jackwagons that think life is a Disney cartoon that want everything to be Soft warm and fuzzy....well it aint.
Gill netting on the Columbia should be DONE...Ya I know trabal tradition and all that...well bring your punch card and a pitch fork to the fish ladder and when you get your fish your through.. No more leaving fish to rot in un attended nets . I agree we do need better fish passage ways , But trying to do that while making feeding stations for an Invasive speices ( SEALIONS) is a stupid move...

Recently there was a story online about 8 sea lions being killed in seattle...I posted that when the killer got done there would he please come down to Portland and kill the pests here. You should have seen the response....every bleeding heart came on and wept for the poor sea lions and how terrible I was to say such awful things. What a bunch of idiots!!

I can just imagine the venom being spewed,,, :s0112:

Oh man! if one could only get away with it! Must be some way; foggy day?
Speaking of the flippered buggers, there is one that has been hanging out in the Clackamas River the last few days outside of my office just downstream from the high rocks area. When I told my boss he said (sarcastically) "Well, you shot it didn't you?".

No personal experience with these vermin but I used to work with a guy who grew up in Newport (OR) and told me about how they used to simply shoot them from the boat when offshore fishing. This was in the late 50's early 60's and it was common practice then when fishing. I used to travel to San Francisco on a regular basis and they had literally taken over the docks down on Pier 39. No one could park their boat without risking coming back to it ransacked. I watched some people returning to their boat one time and as they approach it sea lions were bailing out of it.

we dont need a season, they should just be shot until there is some kind of aggrement, ok that is enough for now. from the society that hates all gods furry little creatures. especially seals and sea lions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top