JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember a couple years ago when i was salmon fishing in gold beach, there was a thing in the news a few lions washed up on shore with bullet holes in the back of there heads.
Somebody took it into there own hands lol.

sealmn002-cu3.jpg

We need some experienced professionals to deal with this problem, I nominate this guy.

WDFW is missing an opportunity to sell tickets to the slaughter of endangered salmonoid species by endangered pinniped species. I make a point of telling the tourists at the beach near my place, who are ooing and aaing and snapping pics, "Watch, and learn. Two endangered species interacting. The predator is protected by federal law, the valuable and culturally irreplaceable prey is being slaughtered for their eggs only."

<violation> ugly and mean beasts are destroying our heritage. 100 years from now, the bio's will be like what in the heck were those people thinking? I applaud the tribal members with accurate rifles, who are so often on the front lines of this battle.

California Steal Lions (which aren't endangered and no longer migrate) and Stellar Steal Lions (have my doubts about the numbers and miration habits of them as well) have ruined so many runs, and eliminated many others. Cute, cuddly Harbor Steals, I see more of them now than ever, while the "data" says they eat mostly fish the fisherman don't want. I sure as <violation> wanted every salmon they took from me. Returns in small streams near my property are worse every year. The ugly worthless stinky loud lazy eggsucking things are now stationed year round off the creeks. They eat cabezon for the eggs only also. I've seen it over and over. Lings also. When the salmon are gone, they will trickle down the prey chain until nothing is left. Feds are whipped by special interest groups based in California and New York, and state agencies aren't much better off.

Federal court rules that as many as 92 per year may be killed or captured at Bonneville!!
Some ODFW dude on the radio this morning said they will probably kill less than 30, and they have to verify each lion taken is a repeat offender of killing salmon at the dam (not sure how they'd do that unless they are all tagged...give them names?).
Plus he said the killing involves trapping them and euthanising them with a painless injection (of course PETA is already upset and challenging it). So I don't think we'll see them mounting a M2HB to the dam or selling tags to hunters/fishermen anytime soon.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top