JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sharing my embarrassing screw up today..
Testing a new 223 wylde SBR upper today . Dialing in at 25 yards with open sights..
After getting close with open sights unsuppressed I put my suppressor on and a fresh target. On the first shot my $ 1000.00 suppressor flew off and came to rest next to the 25 yard target...

Surprised and scared to say the least. After spending some time to see if I had all my body parts and looking to my right to see if the guys closest had noticed I looked at the target and there was a hole where I was hoping to see one.

Had to wait till cold range to retrieve my can so i put the other upper on and shot some blackout.

Can was full of mud but otherwise no obvious damage. No sign of baffle strike. Looks like I didnt get proper full engagement.

While Looking for similar stupid mistakes online I found a video of a guy who did it on purpose....o_O

I will say that shooting a 1 lb suppressor could be deadly to whoever is in front at close range.
I don't recommend trying it..

This guy did it on purpose with same can.. His was "stuck" and he heard this was the cure..

I took the Surefire out today after a deep cleansing and installed PROPERLY and it worked as it should and has in the past.. No issues..

That first shot today had me puckering a bit though..
I'm guessing I wont make that mistake again...
Hope someone else heeds my mistake..

Always wondered where folks wore that stuff. Better than Walmart I suppose.

I'm from far out east county.. I'd rather see someone in their camo than this.... public_PJs.jpg

I'm always amused by dudes who wear tactical camo pants and other clothing (complete with tactical knee pads in this case)... while just plinking.

:rolleyes:

Hey SHTF any sec, one must be ready, pretty sure those were a cotton blend from JCPenny.
Pads from victoria secret.

There is a very small but important notch in both the can and the mount that need to be Fully engaged before the secondary twist tight action..

I got used to the ASR mount on my more used can and missed the full notch..View attachment 538502
I can see how that could happen. Thanks for the info! It's nice to see and understand how all of the different mounting systems work.

On serious note, this thread I just learned something.. probable a great way to remove a squib too.

( disclaimer i'm kidding, i'm kidding, don't want some snow flake with their pink 22, yellin at NWFA and saying we said this is how.)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top