JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sharing my embarrassing screw up today..
Testing a new 223 wylde SBR upper today . Dialing in at 25 yards with open sights..
After getting close with open sights unsuppressed I put my suppressor on and a fresh target. On the first shot my $ 1000.00 suppressor flew off and came to rest next to the 25 yard target...

Surprised and scared to say the least. After spending some time to see if I had all my body parts and looking to my right to see if the guys closest had noticed I looked at the target and there was a hole where I was hoping to see one.

Had to wait till cold range to retrieve my can so i put the other upper on and shot some blackout.

Can was full of mud but otherwise no obvious damage. No sign of baffle strike. Looks like I didnt get proper full engagement.

While Looking for similar stupid mistakes online I found a video of a guy who did it on purpose....o_O

I will say that shooting a 1 lb suppressor could be deadly to whoever is in front at close range.
I don't recommend trying it..

This guy did it on purpose with same can.. His was "stuck" and he heard this was the cure..

I took the Surefire out today after a deep cleansing and installed PROPERLY and it worked as it should and has in the past.. No issues..

That first shot today had me puckering a bit though..
I'm guessing I wont make that mistake again...
Hope someone else heeds my mistake..

Always wondered where folks wore that stuff. Better than Walmart I suppose.

I'm from far out east county.. I'd rather see someone in their camo than this.... public_PJs.jpg

I'm always amused by dudes who wear tactical camo pants and other clothing (complete with tactical knee pads in this case)... while just plinking.

:rolleyes:

Hey SHTF any sec, one must be ready, pretty sure those were a cotton blend from JCPenny.
Pads from victoria secret.

There is a very small but important notch in both the can and the mount that need to be Fully engaged before the secondary twist tight action..

I got used to the ASR mount on my more used can and missed the full notch..View attachment 538502
I can see how that could happen. Thanks for the info! It's nice to see and understand how all of the different mounting systems work.

On serious note, this thread I just learned something.. probable a great way to remove a squib too.

( disclaimer i'm kidding, i'm kidding, don't want some snow flake with their pink 22, yellin at NWFA and saying we said this is how.)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top