JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
just reading the submitted form BATF sent me last week. Discovered, to my horror that i somehow marked 'yes' to one of the 11.a-j questions. I dont see how i can correct this. I did contact 'ask the expert' for help. But I expect I'll have to wait for the disapproval note, refund then re-submit.
Anyone else have a similar experience? I cant understand how that even happened.

just reading the submitted form BATF sent me last week. Discovered, to my horror that i somehow marked 'yes' to one of the 11.a-j questions. I dont see how i can correct this. I did contact 'ask the expert' for help. But I expect I'll have to wait for the disapproval note, refund then re-submit.
Anyone else have a similar experience? I cant understand how that even happened.
Sorry to hear that. Hide your dog.

I have used the "Ask the expert" and here's my experience: They NEVER reply.
So you should expect to be disapproved, then get your refund (eventually; they are quick to take your money but slow at giving it back), then resubmit.
The only time I had to go through this is when the "system" failed to generate the required cover letter needed to send with the fingerprint cards.

Called the NFA branch. As expected, the response was 'once submitted, there is no allowing for corrections' . I know the BCG will be clean, but i expect a denial because i marked the application incorrectly

That might be the official answer. I know if at least one instance where the examiner sent the Form 1 back to a submitter and asked them to correct an issue, then approved it.

That might be the official answer. I know if at least one instance where the examiner sent the Form 1 back to a submitter and asked them to correct an issue, then approved it.
That is what would make sense. And I'd be happy if that happened. I did the e-form though. Fingers crossed

If they do not allow you to fix it, which I know folks have been allowed to do, you can cancel it. Which I know many have done. Then resubmit.

Similar thing happened to me last year, I put the wrong model number and was rejected a month later. Based on some advice I read online I did a followup email with who responded to my "ask the experts" query when I resubmitted, essentially saying as much. Got approval a week or so later. I am not sure if they fast track your resubmittal out of sympathy or because all the leg work as already been done and it is real simple to check that just one thing has changed. YMMV but my experience contacting "ask the experts" has been very positive everytime I reach out for a question.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top