JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
doc office told me cholesterol is very very high. Lol!!! Leave me alone! Drug pushers!!!

I've considered that attitude myself. The problem is we can't count on the massive heart attack and dying right there. BAM! No, your probably more likely to have a massive heart attack and LIVE. End up laying in bed a lot for the rest of your life. You'll be exhausted just getting up and down the hall and back going to the bathroom. And eventually nothing more than sitting up in bed will be your daily exercise.

I guess I should count myself lucky. My issue is high blood pressure. I inherited that from mom. Mom's blood pressure was RAGING high. Luckily, with mom's B pressure I got dad's metabolism so weight isn't an issue (at this point in my life anyway). And, my BP is easily controlled and totally normal with no side affects. A massive stroke sounds like a pretty good way to go, if you have to go. But a good ol' plain stroke that eliminates movement on one side of you body, leaving you immobile and laying in your own waste daily for the rest of your life didn't sound like an option.

Just sayin'

Lol!
True
I'm 5'10
I believe the Testosterone replacement is causing this issue. No fat on me. Remember that big black dude on that movie Armageddon? That's me. Just a little smaller.
My blood pressure is 120/68

doc office told me cholesterol is very very high. Lol!!! Leave me alone! Drug pushers!!!

I worked in hospitals for 20+ years.
While the term "drug pushers" may be a bit extreme it really isn't far off the mark.
There are so many things that can be easily controlled with diet and a change in lifestyle.
Pills are the easy way out and also the most lucrative for the pharmaceutical companies
and also the doctors at times.
At least 3 times a week in the ER another rep from one drug company or another would
wander in and push his "new amazing drug" at the docs complete with many many free doses.
It's called "follow the money".

I worked in hospitals for 20+ years.
While the term "drug pushers" may be a bit extreme it really isn't far off the mark.
There are so many things that can be easily controlled with diet and a change in lifestyle.
Pills are the easy way out and also the most lucrative for the pharmaceutical companies
and also the doctors at times.
At least 3 times a week in the ER another rep from one drug company or another would
wander in and push his "new amazing drug" at the docs complete with many many free doses.
It's called "follow the money".
I can share personally witnessed stories about pain docs, drugs, and pee labs. You'd crap yourself if I shared it.

In the 90's Satins were the wonder drug. I remember seeing a TV doc say he recommend men (especially) just take them.

Now, there are concerns about their effectiveness and potential harm.

"Researchers at the University of Zurich say that many patients are receiving statin prescriptions unnecessarily, increasing their risk for cataracts, diabetes and liver damage. ""

"For millions of people who take statins to prevent the onset of cardiovascular disease, the potential harms of the cholesterol-lowering medication may outweigh the benefits. "

"The most common side effect of these drugs is muscle pain, which usually goes away if patients stop taking the medicines. People taking statins are also at a higher risk of developing diabetes ..."

I suggest you eat close to way nature provides. Collect your own if possible.

These guys want to sell you their guide, but you can click on each link for free (less convenient) :
Total Cholesterol - Frequently asked questions and scientific research summarized

Lol!
True
I'm 5'10
I believe the Testosterone replacement is causing this issue. No fat on me. Remember that big black dude on that movie Armageddon? That's me. Just a little smaller.
My blood pressure is 120/68

Good pressure. And the cholesterol is how much higher than it should be?

Man, I'm lucky I've got high BP rather than cholesterol. Too many things that boost cholesterol are on my favorite foods list! I remember when I had to go on BP meds. I wasn't raging, but I was higher than they like. Anyway, I told that doc I absolutely hated taking drugs unless it was for recreational purposes. He didn't laugh. None of the four I've had since then have. But since I started with the BP meds, and other things that keep me moving relatively pain free, my statement about drugs recreationally has really taken on some deep meaning. Taking man made/natural substances to keep you alive vs taking man made/natural substances for fun and recreation.

I was kind of like you though. In 2007 they wouldn't do some dental work because of my BP. When got a doc, (didn't have one because I hadn't needed one but a couple of time in the prior 25 years), and he set me up with my meds. Of course they give you that flyer that lines everything out to do/not do. Right off it said low fat/NO CHICKEN SKIN. Hoh-HA! Luckily I'm good, and eat all the chicken, WITH skin, I want!

Doc tried to put me on a handful of pills after this test on 4/12/18:

IMG_3505.PNG

Nutrition change and on 5/24/18 these were my test results:
IMG_3506.PNG

Stay off of the pills but take out what's adding to your problem and add what you need to get your numbers right;).

Then you can add the stuff you love back in, just don't eat it for every meal.

Just my 2¢ - I plan to be here a long time.

Just my 2¢ - I plan to be here a long time.

I think you're quite a bit younger than me Joe? I'll guess low-mid 40s? I remember us talking several years ago at a clean-up at the Yacolt Burn. It cold rained the whole time, but stopped when we were done cleaning and we got to shoot a bit. As I've got older, only 63, there are so many things I see, that I'm not sure I want to live a long time. I guess it depends on how you define "Living". As I've watched people older than me reach the end of their lives, and pass. There are a number of them that I don't want to be around for as long as they were. I don't call some of what I've seen "Living". I'll have to wait and see though. Back in my 30s-40s I never would have thought pain of various types would become the norm! I've been amazed at what a person can get used to.;)

My MIL had high cholesterol also, like over 300. And she ate a no salt, low fat, and low cholesterol diet. Couldn't get it down. I told her she should eat what she wants because why deny something if it makes no difference. That kind of diet is not for me!

I have stated I am diabetic before. Normally you think what's the big deal with my blood sugars are too high. So go on about your business and it's time to go get your vision checked out. The optometrist says I can see from the back of your eye that your numbers have been high. I ask how do you know - he responds it is causing hemmiraging and it is slowly destroying your eye sight. It's kind of a rude awakening knowing you could have done something about it. I try to watch my diet more carefully now and try to exercise but some times the doc actually know what they are talking about and sometimes by the time one figures that out it can be kind of late.

Denial is not some river somewhere in Egypt. The hardest thing EYE had to do is change my life, exercise and eating style. Remember ... "It's not that life is sossss short ... it's that DEATH is for sosssss LONG!

Sometimes I self play act and pretend the mother of all SHTFs has occurred and I have no choice in making the many different activities of daily living changes because If I don't, I will die. Which is the real truth. :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top