JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think you're quite a bit younger than me Joe? I'll guess low-mid 40s? I remember us talking several years ago at a clean-up at the Yacolt Burn. It cold rained the whole time, but stopped when we were done cleaning and we got to shoot a bit. As I've got older, only 63, there are so many things I see, that I'm not sure I want to live a long time. I guess it depends on how you define "Living". As I've watched people older than me reach the end of their lives, and pass. There are a number of them that I don't want to be around for as long as they were. I don't call some of what I've seen "Living". I'll have to wait and see though. Back in my 30s-40s I never would have thought pain of various types would become the norm! I've been amazed at what a person can get used to.;)

Some can stand an incredible amount, I "enjoy" my neuropathy when I forget to take my Gabapentin every 4 hours, which only makes it bearable. Tylenol doesn't do a thing for me not even for a simple headache much less for this crap.
My best friend has it much worse than I and now they are banning those pain killers that can make life bearable for him. Stupid shats!
Gabby

The cardiologist said that I would have eventually had a heart attack, and that the shortness of breath I was experiencing was due to the constriction in the arteries that supply blood to the heart muscle. When I worked harder, the left side of my heart couldn't pump enough oxygenated blood to the major muscles to meet demand. When I stopped, it could catch up. Or at least, that's my non-technical understanding of the situation.

The very definition of heart failure: the heart's inability to pump sufficient blood to meet the body's demands. Yours is consistent with systolic heart failure, also known as heart failure with reduced ejection fraction, or HFrEF. Heff-reff.

Sounds like you are New York Heart Association Class II, fine at rest but symptomatic upon exertion.

ACE/ARB plus carvedilol and a diuretic?

Sounds like you are New York Heart Association Class II, fine at rest but symptomatic upon exertion.

Doing fine now.

ACE/ARB plus carvedilol and a diuretic?

Just a statin and aspirin for the foreseeable future. Should be weaned off Metoprolol in another week. Whole bunch of stuff in the beginning. Went twice a week to a cardio rehab program, where you do specified exercises for 75 minutes while they monitored my heart, ollowed by a one hour class once a week on surgery, drugs, diet, exercise, etc. Now I just go to a local health club.

Doing fine now.
Just a statin and aspirin for the foreseeable future. Should be weaned off Metoprolol in another week. Whole bunch of stuff in the beginning. Went twice a week to a cardio rehab program, where you do specified exercises for 75 minutes while they monitored my heart, ollowed by a one hour class once a week on surgery, drugs, diet, exercise, etc. Now I just go to a local health club.

So no symptoms upon exertion? That's great!

HF is nasty. The five-year mortality rate is worse than most cancers.

doc office told me cholesterol is very very high. Lol!!! Leave me alone! Drug pushers!!!

No sweat if you don't have people who depend on your income - tell that doc to RAM IT! :) But if people are depending on you, you might want to listen to him, and I'd get some life insurance too if you don't have it. Once you have a major medical problem, life insurance may be very expensive, if you can buy it at all. Don't depend only on employer life insurance - if you become disabled, that may go away - sometimes you can continue paying for life insurance through them, but it is usually too expensive.

Did you say what you do for exercise on a regular basis? 260 and 5'-10" with no fat must mean you are doing hard physical labor 40 hours per week, right? :)

Isn't it great having everyone give you advice on how to live your life? :) Good luck - just want you to stay healthy. ;)

Is this the guy from Armageddon you mentioned? He might give you some words of advice if he could, but he can't - because he died of a heart attack! Dont' be that guy!

No sweat if you don't have people who depend on your income - tell that doc to RAM IT! :) But if people are depending on you, you might want to listen to him, and I'd get some life insurance too if you don't have it. Once you have a major medical problem, life insurance may be very expensive, if you can buy it at all. Don't depend only on employer life insurance - if you become disabled, that may go away - sometimes you can continue paying for life insurance through them, but it is usually too expensive.

Did you say what you do for exercise on a regular basis? 260 and 5'-10" with no fat must mean you are doing hard physical labor 40 hours per week, right? :)

Isn't it great having everyone give you advice on how to live your life? :) Good luck - just want you to stay healthy. ;)

Is this the guy from Armageddon you mentioned? He might give you some words of advice if he could, but he can't - because he died of a heart attack! Dont' be that guy!

Lol!!!!
You SOB!!
I know I know.

First off, your gonna get black balled on the internet for showing a pic of Almarosa! Yikes! She's a nasty thing. Anyways. I will have the triglycerides down to 225 by June. I'm convinced it's the T injections I do twice a week. It's interesting. I found that I'd someone loses weight when they get on T, you'll gain weight when you go off it. And if you gain weight when you get on it, you'll lose it when you get off it. I'm gonna resuce by half on the amount a inject.
As far as my weight goes. I'm in sales. No manual labor. But I'm also hard as a rock. Like bumping into a wall.
In regards to he life Insurance. I'm worth 2 million dead. And it costs me a boat load each month. Very little term.
But I will be a great risk come June.
And yes, I have 6 that'd depend on me. Even though theyd be somewhat ok if I died. 2 million won't last 45 years even with interest bearing accounts. We got a whole lot of bad stuff coming in the world.

Lol!
True
I'm 5'10
I believe the Testosterone replacement is causing this issue. No fat on me. Remember that big black dude on that movie Armageddon? That's me. Just a little smaller.
My blood pressure is 120/68
Jesus, I didn't read the whole thread but it sounds like you're going to die soon.
That much weight on that frame is a joke in my opinion.
And you're deriding "pill pushers" while taking vainglorious and dangerous testosterone.

Jesus, I didn't read the whole thread but it sounds like you're going to die soon.
That much weight on that frame is a joke in my opinion.
And you're deriding "pill pushers" while taking vainglorious and dangerous testosterone.

Lol!!! Someone got a case of the Wednesday's?
You calling me fat? Old timer.
I will be damned, Vainglorious is actually a word!!!
On a more serious note, educate yourself on the dangers of super low Testosterone.

This ain't about vanity my friend.
I could care less about that.
But! I am finding out about TOO much T.

Lol!!! Someone got a case of the Wednesday's?
You calling me fat? Old timer.
I will be damned, Vainglorious is actually a word!!!
On a more serious note, educate yourself on the dangers of super low Testosterone.

This ain't about vanity my friend.
I could care less about that.
But! I am finding out about TOO much T.
I'd imagine. It sounds to me you're kidding yourself about basic fundamentals.
They are pretty unforgiving.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top