JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Recently purchased a couple of lowers w/ innards already in them. Scratchy, scraping, catchy triggers in them - mil spec but awful. Replaced them today with Davidson Defense match drop in triggers. Awwwww man what a difference, now crisp, light 3# pull and really short reset. The safties on these lowers were so stiff it almost took skin off the thumb to operate one. A little polishing of the pin and taking a turn or two off the spring make them more operable and crisp. Just something else to keep an old guy busy with.
Now to figure out what to make out of them. Thinking of a Grendel pistol ------- aw crap - wandering thru the net today and found a 12" Faxon barrel in Gunner profile and it talked to me and made me get it. Guess I will have to figure out the difference between a SBR and a pistol now.
Question folks - about buffer tubes and springs and what to use for a pistol build??

1589930847936.jpeg

What are the make of the lowers? You should not have to cut springs or polish detents to dial the selector in.

I've used and would recommend :
SB3 with Colt carbine RE, H2 buffer and Sprinco Blue spring.
and a
Tailhook Mod 1 with Vltor A5 pistol RE, A5H2 buffer and Sprinco Green spring.

...Guess I will have to figure out the difference between a SBR and a pistol now...

A SBR can have a brace or stock. A pistol can only have a brace/stabilizer or straight tube. Basically, nothing meant to shoulder the firearm (although I believe the ATF dropped that requirement allowing shouldering of braces.)

Generally, but not always, one gets what one pays for. With the quick build production line guns or sub assemblies, there is simply no time or money for any hand fitting. An example would me buying a finished AR15 and then having to do a complete dis assembly and experienced assembly to do it correctly. Long ago and far away.

hundreds of buids

You might try this on those spare USGI trigger groups... Do so at your own risk. ( I say this because, I don't know the long term effects, but one of the trigger groups has about 1k on it with no issues. )

I have done it to numerous gritty USGI trigger groups, and it does smooth out the feel considerably.

Pull weight dropped about 1/2 lb or less... but the grit is gone.

It is just accelerated break in , IMHO.

There are other videos about this on Youtube as well... Google "Paracord Trigger"

1000 grit sand paper , wet and wipe , easy - peasy
You might try this on those spare USGI trigger groups... Do so at your own risk. ( I say this because, I don't know the long term effects, but one of the trigger groups has about 1k on it with no issues. )

I have done it to numerous gritty USGI trigger groups, and it does smooth out the feel considerably.

Pull weight dropped about 1/2 lb or less... but the grit is gone.

It is just accelerated break in , IMHO.

There are other videos about this on Youtube as well... Google "Paracord Trigger"

I HATE gritty/scratchy/jerky triggers.

I also hate work...

ALG ACT (Advanced Combat Trigger) $69 ... Problem solved. It is a MilSpec trigger that has been factory polished. Can usually be ordered when buying a new lower as a replacement, instead of, the trigger in the LPK. I have one of these on my 10.5" braced AR pistol and love it!! Advanced Combat Trigger (ACT)

I HATE gritty/scratchy/jerky triggers.

I also hate work...

ALG ACT (Advanced Combat Trigger) $69 ... Problem solved. It is a MilSpec trigger that has been factory polished. Can usually be ordered when buying a new lower as a replacement, instead of, the trigger in the LPK. I have one of these on my 10.5" braced AR pistol and love it!! Advanced Combat Trigger (ACT)
Trust me... this is as easy as tying 2 shoes.

I have even used a zip tie to do it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads