JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
it looks like both in different spots.

one thing you can try is if you take a paper clip, straighten it out and then bend a 90* at the end, use it to see if you can feel it on the inside of the case. most likely a split or almost split if you can
That's what I was thinking at first but I pulled out some once fired lake city stuff and it has the same markings.. Id find it hard to believe that the thicker mil spec stuff split just like the 2-3 times fired commercial stuff. I don't know, I'll check.

I'm going to email Faxon and ask them if they have any ideas before I take a dremel to my barrel. I dont even have a vise block or wrench so I'd have a whole bunch of stuff to buy to remove it before I even started grinding. That being said, probably stuff I should buy anyway although now's not the best time lol

Another thing to consider checking is the bottom of the bolt at the spot that rides back over the next in line cartridge in the mag.
Good idea, I'll look there too.

Faxon is suggesting that the ejector spring may be too heavy and it's forcing the cases into the lugs on extraction. Mentioned trimming a coil off the spring or finding a lighter one so I may try that and see what happens.

Said it could also help to turn down the cycle rate so I might choke the gas down a little more while I'm at it.

Correction - raising the bolt speed. Hmm, I'm not sure I want to do that. It's landing right where I don't have to go forward of the firing line to pick it up ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top