JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
in my pj's and fuzzy slippers.

Out my front window this morning. I've been feeding them for several years now and these probably got grain from me as babies. A couple of moms have been put into my freezer. There is a big boy about, I've seen him transisting thru my yard but never snapped a pic of him yet.

A couple of Bambi's showed today, looks like they were twins.

Still haven't seen 'ole granddad' again but there is at least 3 different young bucks wandering through.

One of the little bucks eating my food. It looks like he might get to be a nice spike.

The food is right in front of one of my archery targets. He let me and my 5 year old walk up to within 10 yards or so of him.

37 days to go to open season.

He's about 10 feet away here. The photo is thru glass so its not crystal clear. I feed them corn mixed with sweet mana pellets. They will pick thru the corn for the pellets first.

I am not sure he's going to make 4 points, a nice 3 anyway.

I have a blind that goes on the kiddies play house (i.e. blue tarp and a couple of 2x4's) that allows me to walk up totally unseen. Most of the time, they dont care though.

I haven't deer hunted in several years and I don't like to shoot the ones that hang around on the property. This year might be different because there is a really big one that already has 5 points and a nice big 4 point hanging out. I don't feed them because I thought it was illegal, but in past years the bucks that are here this time of year are still here when hunting season opens. They drink from the irrigation ditch and eat the acorns and browse behind the house, and stay in the shade of the oaks during the day. I could get one right out my window. Might have to fire up the smoker.

nice Pic's Moose...I'm in St Helens and have a nice 3x3 w/ 2 does in down town all the time. There is a Wal Mart close they like instead of the corn you have .

I really do enjoy the pictures, but I wouldn't call taking pictures from your kitchen window "scouting".
This thread title is misleading and got me all worked up for nuthin!

Ok, I'm done whining now... Seriously though nice pics, I wish I had that in my yard!

Where are you at? I am just south of James Standard ball fields.
I was on Old Oly HiWay,just west of the Sequim Airport turn and (4) 3 point or betters were walking through the alfalfa fields.Nose to tail.All I could think of was how good they would taste from that good eatin'.With a few roses added in

The one in #6 post does look like the young 3 point I had in my yard last year.One morning I had a doe,twins,a spike and 2 3 points walking though the yard.They just stepped it up a bit when the dogs came out.Not too scared.

Good sightings of bucks around this year.Most of the young-uns at the Dungeness turned out bucks.They need a gleening out there

The bigger buck usually has a group of three or four spike buddies he hangs out with. The other day I was watching them and edging closer, just to see how close I could get and get them used to me, and they were sparrring with each other. Well mainly, the bigger one was kicking and chasing the little ones away from the food.

I just heard a noise out side and 2 of the little spikes were fleeing a big doe. She just chased them a good 40 yards across the yard. They have quite the pecking order :s0114:

Just had a new guy show up. Still a 3 point but has longer tines than the other guy.

Like I told some ladies today,that's from those roses in your yard.

HOLY COW took me 15 minute to get this from facebook.
Anyway this guy had the best rack I have seen on a western Wa blacktail...and I didn't bring my new camera.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top