Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

SCOTUS rules police can collect DNA sample when one is arrested for a serious crime

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ATCclears, Jun 3, 2013.

1. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

2. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

A genetic registry/database is just around the corner. I'm guessing all newborns are DNA sampled these days without our knowledge. This could/will be used to plant evidence, eliminate political foes as well as for legitimate police work. In the name of a healthier population it will be used to screen parents for genetic defects without their consent. Without the correct DNA you might be prohibited from having children or working in certain jobs.
    Yes I've seen Gattica and read Brave New World but it does seem we are heading in that direction!

3. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Scalia actually agreed with the majority of the liberals on the court and I believe they're correct.

You can't erode protections to help catch criminals. These collections will expand.

4. Bushman

Bushman Auburn, WA Well-Known Member

They arm mexican drug cartels and allow them to flood our country and use our tax payer paid services and ruin our communities and culture. You kill US CITIZENS with drones. You disarm US CITIZENS. You spy on our every phone call, email, etc. And now this?!?!!!

5. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

And down the slippery slope we go...

6. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

what is the quote about those that give up freedom for the promise of safety deserve neither, comes to mind.

sure this will catch some, perhaps even many bad guys, and things will be touted as everything is good for the first few years.

But somewhere down the road, the DNA collection and data will be abused, and vastly abused.

7. OLDNEWBIE

That must be the reason I never hooked up with that swimsuit model I had my sights set on years ago!

MTpockets and (deleted member) like this.
  8. OLDNEWBIE

Supposedly, if your gun has the empty case sent with it, no record is kept. The case is the record for states that require it. I read that somewhere but don't remember, could be B.S.!

9. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

Dunno if it's true or not but the guys at NW armory said if you have the 2 empty cases they haven't been logged anywhere for "ballistic fingerprinting" record keeping. If you have 1 or 0, they have been logged (some states require it they say). Unfortunately politicians watch too much CSI and failed to see ballistic fingerprinting has never solved a single crime, before throwing billions of dollars at the program.

10. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Let's face it. Americans are the most gullible and controllable populace ever.

Propaganda is the fuel, false patriotism is the battle call.

The Oligarch's wet dream. The end of all individual liberties is coming, not if, but when. Just a nation of non-thinking drones.

Blitzkrieg and (deleted member) like this.
  11. OLDNEWBIE

WHY ARE WE INCLUDING A FIRED CARTRIDGE CASE
    WITH EVERY RUGER PISTOL AND REVOLVER?
    Certain states and jurisdictions now require that all newly manufactured pistols
    and revolvers must be accompanied by a cartridge case, which has been test fired
    from that gun at the factory. The case must be placed in a sealed container
    bearing certain information concerning this test cartridge.
    At the time of retail sale in those jurisdictions, firearms dealers must forward
    such test cartridge to a designated destination such as their State Police
    Laboratory. As independent Ruger Distributors have nationwide markets without
    territorial restrictions, we have decided to include a fired cartridge case with all
    new Ruger pistols and revolvers, to minimize the possibility of inadvertent noncompliance
    with these laws.
    Retail customers located in other states, where laws or regulations do not require
    the dealer to so act, may be assured that the fired cartridge case they receive with
    the firearm at the time of retail purchase is proof that your new Ruger firearm
    has undergone our normal test firing procedures during manufacture.

Back on topic, I googled DNA DRAGNET and wasn't surprised that it has happened already.

12. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Clear violation of the 4th. How much longer will we sit by, passive? Tick, tock goes the clock to tyranny

Honestly we don't even need guns, just the understanding and the stones to act (sorry, ladies)

13. 1stklass

1stklass salem oregon Well-Known Member

Who cares! just be more careful when you hide the body! ;)

14. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Figures.

5 out of 9 judges making the decisions for 300+ million people in our country once again. The people want say or do anything about. Bye bye more rights.

15. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

16. Blitzkrieg

5 traitors in black robes

17. Father of four

I think so.

How in the heck could the 5 judges even consider that forceful DNA collection from The People is Constitutional? A suspect in a crime, sure I guess so but just because the LEOs arrest you for what ever they consider a serious crime now?

Blitzkrieg and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Father of four

I think that if the Supreme Court rules on something that the public disagrees with then at least there needs to be some discussion between the two. The Supreme Court should not just have the last say if The People disagree.

The Supreme Court judges and their decisions needs to always be held accountable to someone and it should be We the People!!!!!

19. Father of four

Its just crazy how fast the courts throw Our rights under the bus. Just like the new story that's out there about a judge at a secret court meeting making Verizon and probably other United States companies turn over their customers (The American Peoples) personal information and their user data over to the government even though the customers (The American People) are not a suspect in a crime.

Judges, as well as ALL of Our government employees (elected, hired or appointed) needs to be held accountable for what they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread about the Verizon bull here...http://www.northwestfirearms.com/off-topic/139500-fear-your-government.html#post899793

20. Blitzkrieg

My version of "discussion" in these matters cannot be accomplished with mere vocal cords