JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A genetic registry/database is just around the corner. I'm guessing all newborns are DNA sampled these days without our knowledge. This could/will be used to plant evidence, eliminate political foes as well as for legitimate police work. In the name of a healthier population it will be used to screen parents for genetic defects without their consent. Without the correct DNA you might be prohibited from having children or working in certain jobs.
Yes I've seen Gattica and read Brave New World but it does seem we are heading in that direction!

Scalia actually agreed with the majority of the liberals on the court and I believe they're correct.

You can't erode protections to help catch criminals. These collections will expand.

They arm mexican drug cartels and allow them to flood our country and use our tax payer paid services and ruin our communities and culture. You kill US CITIZENS with drones. You disarm US CITIZENS. You spy on our every phone call, email, etc. And now this?!?!!!

what is the quote about those that give up freedom for the promise of safety deserve neither, comes to mind.

sure this will catch some, perhaps even many bad guys, and things will be touted as everything is good for the first few years.

But somewhere down the road, the DNA collection and data will be abused, and vastly abused.

Next thing you know, your weapon will be boxed with the empty cases fired for ballistics match to your weapon's serial number.

Supposedly, if your gun has the empty case sent with it, no record is kept. The case is the record for states that require it. I read that somewhere but don't remember, could be B.S.!

I was just throwing it out there. I have no knowledge on the subject but i might research it. If people really wanted to protect their privacy they wouldn't be on forums and they would toss their cellular phones in the fire.

But where are the bullets from those cases.... hehehe

Dunno if it's true or not but the guys at NW armory said if you have the 2 empty cases they haven't been logged anywhere for "ballistic fingerprinting" record keeping. If you have 1 or 0, they have been logged (some states require it they say). Unfortunately politicians watch too much CSI and failed to see ballistic fingerprinting has never solved a single crime, before throwing billions of dollars at the program.

Let's face it. Americans are the most gullible and controllable populace ever.

Propaganda is the fuel, false patriotism is the battle call.

The Oligarch's wet dream. The end of all individual liberties is coming, not if, but when. Just a nation of non-thinking drones.

Dunno if it's true or not but the guys at NW armory said if you have the 2 empty cases they haven't been logged anywhere for "ballistic fingerprinting" record keeping. If you have 1 or 0, they have been logged (some states require it they say). Unfortunately politicians watch too much CSI and failed to see ballistic fingerprinting has never solved a single crime, before throwing billions of dollars at the program.

WHY ARE WE INCLUDING A FIRED CARTRIDGE CASE
WITH EVERY RUGER PISTOL AND REVOLVER?
Certain states and jurisdictions now require that all newly manufactured pistols
and revolvers must be accompanied by a cartridge case, which has been test fired
from that gun at the factory. The case must be placed in a sealed container
bearing certain information concerning this test cartridge.
At the time of retail sale in those jurisdictions, firearms dealers must forward
such test cartridge to a designated destination such as their State Police
Laboratory. As independent Ruger Distributors have nationwide markets without
territorial restrictions, we have decided to include a fired cartridge case with all
new Ruger pistols and revolvers, to minimize the possibility of inadvertent noncompliance
with these laws.
Retail customers located in other states, where laws or regulations do not require
the dealer to so act, may be assured that the fired cartridge case they receive with
the firearm at the time of retail purchase is proof that your new Ruger firearm
has undergone our normal test firing procedures during manufacture.

Back on topic, I googled DNA DRAGNET and wasn't surprised that it has happened already.

Clear violation of the 4th. How much longer will we sit by, passive? Tick, tock goes the clock to tyranny

Honestly we don't even need guns, just the understanding and the stones to act (sorry, ladies)

I think that if the Supreme Court rules on something that the public disagrees with then at least there needs to be some discussion between the two. The Supreme Court should not just have the last say if The People disagree.

The Supreme Court judges and their decisions needs to always be held accountable to someone and it should be We the People!!!!!

Its just crazy how fast the courts throw Our rights under the bus. Just like the new story that's out there about a judge at a secret court meeting making Verizon and probably other United States companies turn over their customers (The American Peoples) personal information and their user data over to the government even though the customers (The American People) are not a suspect in a crime.

Judges, as well as ALL of Our government employees (elected, hired or appointed) needs to be held accountable for what they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread about the Verizon bull here...http://www.northwestfirearms.com/off-topic/139500-fear-your-government.html#post899793

I think that if the Supreme Court rules on something that the public disagrees with then at least there needs to be some discussion between the two. The Supreme Court should not just have the last say if The People disagree.

The Supreme Court judges and their decisions needs to always be held accountable to someone and it should be We the People!!!!!

My version of "discussion" in these matters cannot be accomplished with mere vocal cords

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top