JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From Reuters today:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court dealt a setback on Monday to gun rights proponents including the National Rifle Association, refusing to hear a challenge to Maryland's 2013 state ban on assault weapons enacted after a Connecticut school massacre.

Full article here

Silver lining: Next time another one comes around we may have more conservatives on the bench. Make no mistake, there is a lot that could be gained from going before the SCOTUS, but there is also a lot that could be lost.

Maryland is a big leftist cr@p hole competing with NY, NJ, CA and MA for first prize. Montgomery County (Bethesda, Rockville, right next to DC) enacted a tax on rain water. Homeowners were taxed according to how many square feet of run off space they had, which consisted of the rooftops, sidewalks and driveways on your property. What a joy. It was recently repealed though. But that's what happens when the leftists run a state for too long. Sadly, we're not much better here.

One of the many major faults in our US Constitution is that there is no method of forcing the SCOTUS to rule on these type of cases? Not just 2nd amendment cases but many others of equal importance?

I thought if there were two or more very similar cases the SCOTUS HAD to take the cases.

Also ... specifically how does the SCOTUS decide either to hear or not hear a case?

One of the many major faults in our US Constitution is that there is no method of forcing the SCOTUS to rule on these type of cases? Not just 2nd amendment cases but many others of equal importance?

I thought if there were two or more very similar cases the SCOTUS HAD to take the cases.

Also ... specifically how does the SCOTUS decide either to hear or not hear a case?

How Does the U.S. Supreme Court Decide Whether to Hear a Case? - FindLaw

After all that, the bottom line is that it takes at least four Justices to vote in favor of a case to be heard...

Silver lining: Next time another one comes around we may have more conservatives on the bench.

^ This is a good point. If it went to the SCOTUS, and we lost, the anti-RKBA set would have a field day. On the other hand, if there is another Trump appointment, we'd be in a better position.

I think as painful as it probably is for some of the justices, due to the current make-up of the court now may not be the right time for this type of case, maybe there is a waffler that would swing it to the bad side on the so called assault weapons. Might just have to wait for the replacement of another one before they are ready to hear this type of case

As I have long said this is the problem with "laws and rights". Every law and every thing in the constitution means what someone in a black robe says it means. Yet MANY gun owners openly supported and still support Hilary to have won. If she got to appoint a couple more black robes? Good luck. It is this kind of voting that also got WA and OR the Governors we now have along with the recent gun laws we have. Gun owners do this to themselves.

Right now, the scoreboard...

The Good: Alito, Thomas, Gorsuch
The Bad: Ginsburg, Kagan, Sotomayor, Breyer
The Ugly-bubblegum Turncoats: Kennedy, Roberts

This is not a 5-4 GOP court, nor a 4-1-4... it's a 4-3 with deciding votes being which way Anthony Kennedy's pickled arse fell out of bed that morning or who's presented the most compelling threat to out those compromising photos of John Roberts taking it up the bum or joining Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell in their Bugger Little Boys Club.

So in a nutshell, Kennedy retiring only drops one of the wild cards. As long as Roberts is still Barry's Little B*tchboy and holding the Chief seat, he still wields a tremendous amount of power on the Court that is easily coerced by the Left... any man with a shred of honor in his position would have tendered a Wakizashi Resignation long ago.

We need Breyer or Ginsburg vacated--assuming Ginsburg hasn't already croaked on the bench and been stuffed and mounted as a Disney audio-animatronic like they did to KKK Terrorist Robert "Sheets" Byrd in the Senate. Even that plus Kennedy Replacement only gives us a slight margin of 5-3 and I'm not sure that's enough to offset Roberts...

Silver lining: Next time another one comes around we may have more conservatives on the bench. Make no mistake, there is a lot that could be gained from going before the SCOTUS, but there is also a lot that could be lost.
That's the trick I think that the court is split with Kennedy in the middle. And I think he won't vote our way.

So what I am learning here, (and thank you) is that we might just be much better off having the SCOTUS NOT hear particular Second Amendment cases for the time being. Trump will be around another 3 years. With good luck and hard work, maybe 7 years.

Perhaps we can teach the horse to sing.

So what I am learning here, (and thank you) is that we might just be much better off having the SCOTUS NOT hear particular Second Amendment cases for the time being. Trump will be around another 3 years. With good luck and hard work, maybe 7 years.

Perhaps we can teach the horse to sing.

I'd be happy if the horse would just quit crapping on the carpet! o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews