JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SCOTUS ruling should open door for nat'l CCW recognition, say activists

Friday's landmark 5-4 ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court on same-sex marriage should open the door for national concealed carry recognition, some gun rights advocates, including the head of a national Second Amendment group, are saying.

<broken link removed>

I thought the same thing when the ruling was announced. Marriage rights are not mentioned in the Constitution, at least to my knowledge. The right to keep and bear arms, "shall not be infringed" is. So how can the court rule against it if they apply the same legal principles?

The SCOTUS is corrupted and no longer rule on the order of law. In fact they haven't for some time. If they ruled on the order of law they never would have heard the same sex marriage case and Obama care would have been ruled unconstitutional. Instead they make an unconstitutional change to make Obama care appear constitutional. Marriage has nothing to do with any constitutional right, same sex or other wise.

FOLLOW-UP

Should NY judge face same standard as KY clerk?

The Hill reported yesterday that Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Rodham Clinton posted a message on Twitter that "Officials should be held to their duty to uphold the law—end of story" after a Kentucky county clerk refused to issue a marriage license to a gay couple and was arrested, but should the same standard apply to a New York judge who allegedly won't approve an application for a concealed carry permit?

<broken link removed>

This is exactly what Ive been talking about!!

We CHL/CCW'ers and OC'ers cannot be denied admittance or service because of our lifestyle and freedom of expression.

It MUST be applicable to EVERYONE when it comes to recognizing and more importantly tolerating ones lifestyle.

We must be recognized as CHL holders throughout the nation, even commiefornia and NY. We must also be granted service everywhere otherwise we have the right to sue for discimination as seen with the cake lady's business and the wedding cake fiasco.

You're forgetting that tolerance and acceptance are only for the liberal causes. Doesn't apply to anyone else.
Sadly so true... this needs to change and those of us who do not like this are the ones that need to keep doing the heavy lifting to change this.

That said, I'm really starting to love the unintended consequences and double edge sword issues these rash of recent decision are starting. They want it both ways, but in some ways they are painting themselves into a corner... one that will (I think) become increasing more difficult to get out of.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top