JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all.
Guns and ammo can be extremely limited right now. I have finally gotten some trigger time behind my new Scorpion Evo 3.
This is, specifically, the 7.7 inch barrel pistol version of the gun.
Quite frankly, I am disappointed in it. There is absolutely redeeming value, but all the redeeming value will come at a monetary cost of dumping close to another $350 into the factory variant I got.
The 2 additions I had on mine as of the range session today, was to add a Holosun 507c red dot and to put a single point slinf on it, in lieu of a brace or SBR stock.
1st, the safety. I have no idea why CZ didn't merely install a user modifiable safety. As it comes out of the box, the safety is ambidextrous. Since it pivots down to fire, the safety selector opposite your thumb will likely bite HARD into your hand when shooting which is what happened to me today.
2nd issue is this gun DOES need a brace or stock. I am definitely not a Jerry Miculek, but for me to be able to run a sub compact with iron sights, better than I run a PCC with a red dot, is a testament to how bad the Scorpion pistol is out of the box.
I still haven't decided whether to sbr or brace this gun (Biden may have made that decision for me) but... here is the good news....
This gun properly set up, has the potential to be absolutely perfect as a home defense gun. It is small, low recoil, and much lower muzzle blast than a 5.56, and with a red dot and stock, ANYONE who has ever fired a shotgun could easily run it.
I'll continue to build mine out, but wanted to share some thoughts with you fine ladies and gentlemen.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top