JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw and killed a scorpion in the spare bedroom last night. I had no idea that there were scorpions here and it freaked me out. Are they common in the woods in Josephine County?

They found a bunch of rattlers over in Lake Oswego some years ago.. I guess they hitched a ride on a truckload of pipes from Prineville though.
As to your scorpion, you probably got a wormhole nearby or something.
Good luck.

They are all over the drier parts of Oregon. They are little and usually not much worse than a bee sting if they get ya.

ROFLOL I wonder if the person realized what they wrote in the last line of their comment here .:s0112:

Pacific Slope Blog: Pacific Northwest Scorpion

"This and other PacNW scorpions are overlooked, shy creatures.
Don't go running from your home or change your daily activities now
that you know they exist in this region. If you've never encountered
one, you likely never will. And if you ever do, take a moment to enjoy
it because it may well be your last."

I picked up a rock in the Columbia Gorge near Multnomah Falls and there was a small scorpion resting underneath. Pretty cool if you ask me.
Finding an Aggressive House Spider in your back room is a different story. Those buggers are just flat out nasty.

I picked up a rock in the Columbia Gorge near Multnomah Falls and there was a small scorpion resting underneath. Pretty cool if you ask me.
Finding an Aggressive House Spider in your back room is a different story. Those buggers are just flat out nasty.

Their bite is worse than a scorpion sting.
There are also lots of black widows in central and eastern Oregon.

A tech that works for me called in sick saying he got bit by a spider while crawling in a ceiling on a job in Newberg the day before.

Our office receptionist said 'Joe get your butt in here, we are busy - who cares about a spider bite?"

He came in. He was bit in the forehead. He looked like a Klingon; STNG style. Damn. We took him right to the hospital.

I told the other techs to stop calling him Worf. He's better now. The doctor said it was most likely a Brown Recluse(?).

Wow, that is interesting. I have lived in Southern Oregon all of my life. I have never even heard of them being here, until now. Thanks GOG. Lol.

Go outside and start looking under
rocks, boards, etc. You will see if you have them there.

Rafting down the lower Deschutes River,one of our crewmates woke up with one which had crawled into his sleeping bag. He brought it on the flat of his knife to show us. Little bugger looked upset over being taken from a perfect warm, dark place. We let it go on it's way.

Rafting down the lower Deschutes River,one of our crewmates woke up with one which had crawled into his sleeping bag. He brought it on the flat of his knife to show us. Little bugger looked upset over being taken from a perfect warm, dark place. We let it go on it's way.

We made a lot of $$$ catching rattlers in the Deschutes canyons.
There is a scorpion under nearly every rock in that canyon :)

A tech that works for me called in sick saying he got bit by a spider while crawling in a ceiling on a job in Newberg the day before.

Our office receptionist said 'Joe get your butt in here, we are busy - who cares about a spider bite?"

He came in. He was bit in the forehead. He looked like a Klingon; STNG style. Damn. We took him right to the hospital.

I told the other techs to stop calling him Worf. He's better now. The doctor said it was most likely a Brown Recluse(?).

My guess it was a hobo spider. They are all over the place and related but less nasty then the recluse

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top