JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Best set up I have seen yet.

These Scorpions are the AR15 of the pistol caliber stuff.

https://www.danhagadesigns.com/product-page/scorpion-acr-adapter

50799832_303177013890130_5268435946315759471_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.jpg

I read a lot of reviews of the various guns in that class and the Scorpions are overpriced and need a lot of customization to get them where you want them.

Bought the Extar for $440 delivered...

1762@2x.jpg

I read a lot of reviews of the various guns in that class and the Scorpions are overpriced and need a lot of customization to get them where you want them.

View attachment 549165

I have never shot an extar and haven't even seen one in the wild, I disagree that they need a ton of aftermarket upgrades to be enjoyed. A $12 right side safety delete is about all that's needed to rid to annoyance of that oversight. A grip helps but isn't needed. It's an excellent PCC and will not feed gas in your face when shooting suppressed like any AR9 or other PCC. It may cost a bit more than the extar but it's also nearly flawless out of the box.

Just my personal experience.

I have never shot an extar and haven't even seen one in the wild, I disagree that they need a ton of aftermarket upgrades to be enjoyed. A $12 right side safety delete is about all that's needed to rid to annoyance of that oversight. A grip helps but isn't needed. It's an excellent PCC and will not feed gas in your face when shooting suppressed like any AR9 or other PCC. It may cost a bit more than the extar but it's also nearly flawless out of the box.

Just my personal experience.
Yeah, I've never shot the Scorpion, either. Was just going off of reviews I saw. I have no idea why they thought they needed $400 in modifications before they were good to go... :s0153:

I would be interested to see the list of $400 mods that are required. I picked my carbine for $650 and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

I would be interested to see the list of $400 mods that are required. I picked my carbine for $650 and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

They didn't mention exactly what needed replaced...

Extar EP9 9mm Pistol

B C said:
Thanks for the write up. Really good info. Interesting that you got rid of the Scorpion as that has been one that I have been lusting after, but just can't justify the price for. That is why the Extar is so attractive. The price is right.
I had hopes for the Scorpion, since I never had a CZ I didn't like a lot. I found it so much better looking than any other PC carabine, but also expensive, heavy, plagued by a terrible safety switch, an average trigger, and OK controls. I know you can make it better, swap this and replace that but I just didn't care enough. The EP9 has been fun from the first trip to the range, am happy.

I wouldn't mind the weight, but it is the other stuff that is a turn off. Paying $700 for a gun then having to spend another $400 for stuff that should be included and done to it already, is BS. It looks good and I've never heard a bad thing about the reliability.

I shot a Scorpion a guy brought up shooting with us one time. After shooting it I handed it back to the owner and never had a desire to shoot one again. Heavy trigger, safety dug into hand while shooting, heavy for a "pistol", . Looks cool but................o_O

I don't understand the PCC fad. As a range toy, if one can afford a seperate toy I guess?

The only use I see is a copy-cat 9mm to your HD 5.56 rifle for cheaper trigger time, but I can get wolf gold for $.25 and 9mm for $.18, it doesn't seem worth it. The biggest expense for me shooting in TIME not $$$.

View attachment 549165

Having shot the Extar, Scorpion, MPX, CX4, MP5, Ruger PCC 1st and second gen, Kriss, CMMG, plenty of AR9s, Camp Carbine, some AK9s including a Vitnaz, as well as a few I'm likely forgetting. The Extar is a great value, but definitely not the best. Compared to the Scorpion, I'd say the Scorpion wins. It's more expensive yes, but it's more expensive. In other words the Extar is inexpensive because it's lesser priced components.

If you've ever shot one. You will keep looking. The sig mpx is by far a better gun all the way around.

Agreed. The MPX when gas is adjusted properly is about the smoothest and fastest shooting 9mm on the market. However throw a mix of ammo in it and it shows it's colors fast.

I don't understand the PCC fad. As a range toy, if one can afford a seperate toy I guess?

The only use I see is a copy-cat 9mm to your HD 5.56 rifle for cheaper trigger time, but I can get wolf gold for $.25 and 9mm for $.18, it doesn't seem worth it. The biggest expense for me shooting in TIME not $$$.

I am a recreational shooter. Like others, recreational shooting doesn't need reasons other than it's a fun recreational thing to do.

A lot of poo-poo'ing on his thread...

I live my Scorpion, and I like rgat I was able to get it for less than half the cost of the MPX, and then had a huge variety of potential options that let me make it how I wanted it. Still have less into it than a sig. Every gripe ive seen online is negated by a very small investment.

To each their own though. Always people kn bith sides.

Everyone who has seen or shot mine love it and want their own.

As for the OP here, I saw that picture pisted ona. Scorpion group last week. Did some investigatikn, and, though its awsome looking, its the most expensive option for a scorpion stock. Looking at over $400 for that set up. Way too many options for half that out there. I'm looking at a skeletonized sig stock for my micro once I form 1 it.

Just bought the pistol a couple weeks ago. I've probably put 500rds thru it so far. Here my take and what I've done to it...
Sucks as a pistol, but it was designed as a SBR/sub-gun so a brace/stock makes ALOT of difference.
The trigger is heavy with a 9lbs or so trigger pull. But I think that is pretty typical of a full auto sub-gun.
Recoil is about the same as an AR, maybe a tad less.
The only real drawbacks I've noticed are the small plastic Picatinny rails and the trigger finger side safety selector.
The safety selector will dig into your joint when shooting and it gets real annoying real fast. Fortunately there are numerous options to replace it with.
The plastic rails are, well, plastic. I guess I'd prefer metal rails so I can torque the attachments down and not worry about the plastic deforming. It's probably just a mental thing and not an issue, but still. The other thing is coming from the AR world, a lot of accessories have moved to keymod or Mlok so sometimes you have to look for something that will work.

Gun -$800
SBT brace -$180
Safety selector -$20-30 I took a dremel to mine so cost was $0
Magazines -$20 for 10/20/30rd
Shooters Element trigger spring and polish job- $50 combined, lowers trigger pull to about 4.5lbs.

So for about $1k you're set. The gun has only been out for a few years so the aftermarket is growing quickly. It was designed and built as a military weapon and has been picked up by a few countries already.

A lot of poo-poo'ing on his thread...

I live my Scorpion, and I like rgat I was able to get it for less than half the cost of the MPX, and then had a huge variety of potential options that let me make it how I wanted it. Still have less into it than a sig. Every gripe ive seen online is negated by a very small investment.

To each their own though. Always people kn bith sides.

Everyone who has seen or shot mine love it and want their own.

As for the OP here, I saw that picture pisted ona. Scorpion group last week. Did some investigatikn, and, though its awsome looking, its the most expensive option for a scorpion stock. Looking at over $400 for that set up. Way too many options for half that out there. I'm looking at a skeletonized sig stock for my micro once I form 1 it.
Maybe you can start a thread about how to modify a Scorpion to fix those flaws. I'd like to know more about it, especially since I have the GF's approval to get one (which is not typical).

I think a lot of the flaws are just perception.

The safety never hurt my hand. I changed it for looks and how I prefer to manipulate them. Wasn't required to enjoy the gun.

The trigger was stiff, but it worked just fine. I did the spring for HBI because it was cheap, and I was already buying something from them.

Mine was a pistol. I wanted it that way due to ATF laws. It was never designed for that. You can't fault the company or the gun for that. No different than having to buy brace for an AR pistol.

(My Scorpion came with the CZ cheekrest and a gearhead works brace. I chose it because it would be an easy upgrade if i wanted the factory buttstock installed if i got a stamp.)

I liked the factory configuration, but later fell in love with some micro k configurations. Never needed to change it, but i liked the look. Lots of different factory handguards and barrel lengths to choose from when you pick out your scorpion. It's really on the buyer to pick one they like, but not to complain after the fact about what they picked out.

The stock grip was fine for my hands. Different than other guns I own, but who hasn't bought a new grip for their AR or revolver? Or put new grips in their 1911? I picked out a new one for aesthetic reasons. I wanted a two tone set up. It wasn't required to enjoy it though.

Fact is, some guns are not for everyone. 1911s are too big gor my hands. I still own one snd shoot it. But I don't complain about it. I have Mosins that my more frail friends can't handle, but I'm not spending money to change them; I enjoy then for what they are. I have hand cannons that required new grips, and thats just how it is. The scorpions ate just like them: take it how it is, change it how YOU want, or dont bother with it. Its not an AR, an AK, an MP5, or an MPX. Dont buy it if you really want something else. Buy it because its creepy accurate, reasonably priced, and very personalizeable.

Having shot the Extar, Scorpion, MPX, CX4, MP5, Ruger PCC 1st and second gen, Kriss, CMMG, plenty of AR9s, Camp Carbine, some AK9s including a Vitnaz, as well as a few I'm likely forgetting. The Extar is a great value, but definitely not the best. Compared to the Scorpion, I'd say the Scorpion wins. It's more expensive yes, but it's more expensive. In other words the Extar is inexpensive because it's lesser priced components.

Agreed. The MPX when gas is adjusted properly is about the smoothest and fastest shooting 9mm on the market. However throw a mix of ammo in it and it shows it's colors fast.

I am a recreational shooter. Like others, recreational shooting doesn't need reasons other than it's a fun recreational thing to do.

Good post. Re MPX, have u ever shot it suppressed? I've read many reviews that say it blows so much gas back into ur face when suppressed it is really uncomfortable.

Re PCCs in general I think they r so much more than a range toy. If u have foldable/collapsible stock such as on mpx, scorpion, mp5 they r tiny and can go in a backpack, or bedside, or truck and u have an extremely portable incredibly accurate (with red dot etc) gun with 30 rounds or whatever. Enough power for most situations such as home defense. I see cop videos where multiple officers are firing multiple mags with their handgun to get the bad guy. One of these pccs with a red dot and foldable brace (can be shouldered) really one or two shots is all that would be needed probably (but has 30rds anyway). It seems to me that all cops could carry a really compact pcc or at least have in vehicle. They are tiny when folded up.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top