JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ran into this at a local shop. I tried several times to talk myself out of it. I have absolutely no self control. Fun as heck to shoot.

Colt woodsman 3rd series Match/Target. 1976 production. Super clean with the original box and paperwork.

69323681-DFEE-48A6-BB7A-CBA8D22DF1F7.jpeg 89E2A474-BA2A-4049-84F0-35A0663DBEB7.jpeg 427C67FD-E801-4B0D-B096-E066693DF203.jpeg

Beautiful gun! Love the wood grips.
I have one that my father (my avatar) picked up after he got out of The Navy in 1947. It's a 2nd Model Match Target. Plastic target grips. A person that isn't well versed in take down shouldn't, take it down. :oops: There's a trick to getting it back together. Properly. :rolleyes:

Dang dude! Self-control is overrated. Like the soccer announcers say: "Scooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore!" She's a beauty.

I gave $1298.00 for it out the door. It was on consignment. The gentleman wanted more but that was as far as I was going to go. So it worked out.
:D That sounds about right. The gun looks Reeeel nice! After awhile you'll be glad you did it. Been there done that myself!

I gave $1298.00 for it out the door. It was on consignment. The gentleman wanted more but that was as far as I was going to go. So it worked out.
Sounds like you should both be happy. Seller "could" probably get a little more but cash talks and all. At that price I would have probably had to figure out something REALLY nice for the Wife when I told her, sorry, I just "had" to buy this. :D

Super nice gun. I heard you're not supposed to shoot high velocity ammo through those?
I've got an old Browning Medalist that I shoot everything out of.

Sounds like a similar scenario where I found aka stumbled upon a very clean 1977 made, West German .380 ACP PPK/S, complete with box, unopened spare mag, test target, manual etc. It's always nice finding gems like your Colt Woodsman where it's in very good shape aesthetically and mechanically.

They were always a FINE pistol. When one as old and in the shape the OP found, with original box and paper work comes up? They are HIGHLY sought after.
I have the box and manual that came with the 2nd model Match Target my dad had. Along with some of the targets he shot with it back in the late '40s-early '50s. That's one gun that would never leave me. Other than some catastrophic situation.

.22 cal. target pistols from that era just looked cool IMO.....except for the utilitarian Ruger Mark 1.

I lucked out getting a unissued "surplus" Beretta 76 when the Italians retired them from service. It shoots like a dream.

Beretta 76.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads