JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I walked into Cascade Firearms on Fourth Plain in Vancouver/Orchards yesterday and scored a hard to find and most excellent pistol, one I'd never even seen before. It's a Kahr T40, Kahr's largest all steel gun with a 4" barrel, gorgeous standard Pau Ferro checkered wood grips, and a CCO 1911-like 7+1 capacity, all with Kahr's great DA trigger and .94" width. This one was an absolutely pristine used pistol. The original owner had sent it in to be Magnaported and also installed Big Dot "dot the I" tritium night sights on it, great for my poor sad 65 year old eyes. It also came with three magazines (standard from the factory) and an amazing custom leather lined kydex Garrett holster.

Kahr only makes the T9/T40 pistols in very limited quantities. The .40 models are much more rare than the 9mm versions. There isn't a single T40 even listed on Gunbroker at this time.

Yeah, it's a .40 and I swore I wasn't going to buy another one. But this just reached out of the case and grabbed me. So I grabbed it, too, and took it home with me. I'm sure the all steel frame/slide and the Magnaporting should tame it down nicely. I've had quite a few Kahrs, but if you've never had one of their all steel guns, you're missing out. They're night and day above the polymer guns and one of the most finely machined pistols on the market. This one will find it's way into my carry rotation quickly once I get it to the range and wring it out. It looks as if it's only been lightly shot. Not even a surface scratch and just a tad bit of shiny wear on the barrel hood, which develops quickly on Kahrs due to their tight tolerances. Lucky me.

BTW, if you haven't been in to Cascade Firearms, you're missing out. They're one of the few family owned gun stores to weather the uncertainties of the market. Very knowledgeable owners and staff and just a nice place to drop in and chat. They also always have a nice selection of firearms including some of the best and most unusual used gun selection I've come across. I've scored some excellent used guns there that are in my "never sell unless I'm dying" category. This one might fall into that category as well.

And, of course, here are the pictures. BTW, the pictures of these guns always make them look oddly proportioned. Believe me that they're not. They look totally right in person and fit your hand like a glove. Enjoy.
510E8E5C-FB6D-4789-AE42-1B9277E889AE.jpeg 71ED4CE1-6D81-4535-97F1-521FBF05BD41.jpeg 14C8CE57-04F1-4D62-8AF1-F2DFCA0C5B12.jpeg

Last Edited:
Very nice. I like it. Got myself a Kahr P40 in SS with the 4" bbl only in .45 acp. 6+1. Sweet pistol. Intensive recoil but fun! :)

Edit: Or is it called a Kahr P45? Forgot. Dunno. Yikes! :)

Last Edited:
The Firearms Gods, were smiling on you that day.

Ive only had one really rare one, a Sig P229 LE/Gov Issue, Pre-ban, in 40SW.
Still haven't seen another for sale. Only thing was I had to register it the Gov to own it.
Bizzar, but its unique. I love firearms like the one you found unique stuff is just cool.

Never shot an all steel Kahr.

I just recently picked up my 3rd Kahr, a beautiful condition first generation PM9. I've had a CW9 and CM9 in the past, and the PM9 is so much nicer. I am hoping to add another Kahr 9 in the future, but not sure which model yet.

OP, nice get. Hope it likes you as much as you like it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

I found a KAHR P9 this summer. It also has the "dot the I" night sights. It is the blackened version. I picked up another magazine for it so that I can do drills easer. It came with the seven round pinky extension and a flat concealment magazine. I have not got a holster yet.

I hated my pm9, it was insanely hard to rack, and you had to go through a procedure to chamber a round because if you tried to chamber a round like every other pistol by racking the slide it would jam. That pistol pretty well ruined me on kahr, but the one you picked up is beautiful, congrats on a good find.

I hated my pm9, it was insanely hard to rack, and you had to go through a procedure to chamber a round because if you tried to chamber a round like every other pistol by racking the slide it would jam. That pistol pretty well ruined me on kahr, but the one you picked up is beautiful, congrats on a good find.
Kahr specifically warns against racking the slide. I've had a PM40, a CW380, a CM9, a CM45, and an MK9 (stupid me for ever selling the MK9). What I found was that as they'd break in, they'd eventually allow you to slingshot them. They're built with very tight tolerances so that if you don't slingshot them just right, the slide doesn't generate enough momentum going forward to chamber the round. That never was a deal killer for me since all of mine functioned flawlessly. I have some rounds I use that I've put together with just the brass and the bullets (with no powder or primer and painted red) made to normal specs to test things like that. This one chambers rounds with a slingshot load with no difficulty. I still haven't made it to the range, but I don't think it'll be a problem. And yeah, they're hard to rack and lock the slide back, especially at first. My wife didn't like them at all, with the exception of the CW380 which was pretty easy to rack back. If it's not your thing, it's just not. Nothing wrong with that.

I picked up my first Kahr, it's a PM40. I love it and the only time it cools down from body temp is when I'm sleeping or showering. The recoil was no where near what I expected.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top