JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Had a previous post on a 97 but the deal went south, got a bottle of Crown Royal as an apology though. If anyone asks I'll tell the story.

Bought a Winchester model 1897 yesterday. This is one that can be slam fired! And a take down model also. Has an external hammer, what can be done is hold down the trigger and when a new round is pumped into the chamber it will fire automatically as the hammer follows the bolt. Found it in Cabela's for $400. Had trigger lock on it in the rack so took it back to their office to remove it. Pulled the trigger and saw the hammer drop when pumped and I said "I'll take it" Finish is worn but it locks up tight with no slop. Bore is mirror smooth, screws are not buggered, internal parts are sharp and clean. I do not think this was shot much. Serial no. makes it a 1927 product.

You need the magazine conversion kit that allows you to load 6 shells in the magazine tube.
This gun originally was made for 2 1/2" shells and the conversion kit allows you to load that sixth shell.
Here's a link if you're interested.
Beware slam firing it from the hip, as it's quite the hand full when using 00 buck ammo.
I made my 97' into a repro of a WW l trench gun using the heat shield from Numrich Gun Parts and cutting down the barrel to 20-1/2"

http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/product/T1413

win pump 12 001.JPG

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews