JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today the Ninth Circuit ruled in Baker v Kealoha and applied the San Diego CA Peruta finding to Hawaii. This states that the 'showing good cause' requirement to issue a concealed carry permit violates the 2nd Amendment. Hawaii will probably appeal, but it is a step in the right direction. Currently the only way to be granted a concealed carry permit in Hawaii is to be the Governor's brother in law.

If you want to read the Decision. http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastor...0/12-16258.pdf

<Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!

I have a friend and his wife who live in Hawaii, he also has a motorhome here in the mainland and wants a gun with him. Sent the story to him so he has some hope of being allowed to carry. Told him it'd be a while though.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I went to look for news stories on this - searched for "Hawaii Shall Issue" this headline pop'd up:
"In Hawaii, Sex With A Prostitute May Be Legal For Undercover Cops"

Anyway - this was the link I saw first, which started me looking to media coverage:
http://patriotpost.us/posts/24218
Hawaii Becomes Shall-Issue

The Ninth Circuit Court recently ruled in Peruta v. San Diego that California residents did not have to show a "pressing need" for a concealed weapons license. Thursday, the Ninth Circuit extended that to Hawaii by overturning a district court ruling and thus making the Aloha State a shall-issue state. The Court said, "In light of our holding in Peruta, the district court made an error of law when it concluded that the Hawaii statues did not implicate protected Second Amendment activity. Accordingly, we vacate the district court's decision denying [the plaintiff's] motion for a preliminary injunction and remand for further proceedings consistent with Peruta." We're glad to see that even the Ninth Circuit acknowledges that the Second Amendment means what it says.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads