Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Score! 1903 Colt Magazine

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ZigZagZeke, Jul 14, 2014.

1. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

I found one of those eBay gems the other day. It was an original factory 1903 Colt hammerless .32 ACP magazine with the bidding at $49. These things normally go for $150 to $200. The reason it was so cheap was that it had been disassembled. The follower and spring were not in the casing, and everything was just laying there in a pile. I knew what I was getting into because I'd taken one apart and put it back together before.

I did some magical bid sniping (not divulging my winning strategy that works every time) and got it for $76. Five minutes after receiving it today I had it back together, and a little careful buffing with some 0000 steel wool gave me a beautiful spare factory mag for my 1903 Colt Pocket Hammerless. Some days it does pay to get out of bed. :)

mag2.jpg
    mag3.jpg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    Sgt Nambu, RicInOR and jbett98 like this.
  2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Oh ziggy. I remember back in the day I happily spent $80 for factory Hi-Power mags.
    And I think I shared that my most special pistol was a Colt .380 of that fashion. bastid

ZigZagZeke likes this.
  3. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

That was code for I'm half jealous and would/will buy you a beer since I don't have molds or dies for that stupid caliber.

ZigZagZeke likes this.