JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unless it is mint condition just get it drilled and tapped. If it is a family gun you probably won't sell it anyway. On second thought if you are going to keep it forever get it drilled and tapped even if it is mint and don't look back. I tried the Stith no drill mounts and they were difficult to zero and will scratch up your scope and may require disassembly of the scope to mount which loses the nitrogen charge unless you can send it in at some expense. These 99's are great rifles but common and worth a little money in mint condition but not a fortune. If you are going to hunt it just get it drilled for a Weaver mount and then you can put any scope you want on it. I like the lower power Leupolds myself. They look right. You can put a peep sight by Williams or Lyman if you don't need the magnification and they are a good sight for these rifles. Just my experience.

Why not get a tang sight for it? They can be had for just shy of $100. Check out the Savage Collectors section of 24hourcampfire.com. They are the place to go for model 99 info.

Thanks for the replies. It's currently got a Marble tang sight on it, which is cool. It's definitely not a show winner, it's bluing is only about 90% and was heavily hunted by several members of my family. Given all that, it looks pretty decent overall.

I'll think on drilling and tapping it. I checked into the stith mount and i'm just not coming out of my pants to drop $300 on a scope mount for it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top