JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i am starting to get old. Just turned 50. Wearing bi-focals, computer glasses, with prescriptions always changing. Needless to say, my accuracy and fun have gone down.

Already scoped my rifles and doing good there. So the question is, anyone scope their revolvers and how did it go? Best place to go to do research? I have tried several times on the net and only found a few articles hear and there. No dedicated forums or such where I could ask questions.

Thinking of doing 3 of my handguns.
Browning Buckmark
Smith Wesson model 27 (shooter grade, but damn it shoots well)
Ruger BlackHawk in 44

I tried without satisfaction numerous times to scope a handgun, from 17hmr to 44 mag. I couldn't get good group standing freehand style, even at 50'.
Finally discovered advantages of the red dots. Check em out.

I have intended to scope my 10.5" 44mag super Redhawk for a while but have not looked too deep into scopes yet. Part of me thinks it may be fun to hunt with someday, maybe more of a challenge. For your buck mark I would absolutely reccomend a red dot. I run a Bushnell trs25 on a few guns and if you find them for the right price of $50 or so they are pretty good. Prices are all over the place on them though.

I scoped a 6 inch Dan Wesson 357. Could not shoot it well off hand. Worked ok from the bench. Didn't like it tool bulky.
Went to red dots on 4 different handguns works great. Try a red dot on the Buckmark? Fun shooter;)
DSC00207.JPG

So i am starting to get old. Just turned 50. Wearing bi-focals, computer glasses, with prescriptions always changing. Needless to say, my accuracy and fun have gone down.

Already scoped my rifles and doing good there. So the question is, anyone scope their revolvers and how did it go? Best place to go to do research? I have tried several times on the net and only found a few articles hear and there. No dedicated forums or such where I could ask questions.

Thinking of doing 3 of my handguns.
Browning Buckmark
Smith Wesson model 27 (shooter grade, but damn it shoots well)
Ruger BlackHawk in 44
:s0115:If you truly have a Ruger BLACKHAWK in 44, it should be a collector so drilling for scope or red dot will destroy its value !

Most of my shooting is 25ft to 75ft freestanding. We tend to shoot at clay pidgeons set up on the ground. Was thinking a small 1.5 to 2x for the farther shots. Of course with a variable power scope, i may do some bench shooting at longer distances. My main issue is being able to focus on sights and target at same time. Usually 1 or the other is a bit out of focus.

I have shot a non magnified red dots before and they were okay. I still think I would have issues out to 75ft though with seeing the targets as clearly as i would like.

:s0115:If you truly have a Ruger BLACKHAWK in 44, it should be a collector so drilling for scope or red dot will destroy its value !

No idea really if it is a new model or old model blackhawk. But i got it at the right price and it is fun to shoot. But there are no safe queens in my safe. Everything will get shot and modified if necessary to shoot better.

I cringe more at the thought of taking a 85% model 27 5" barrel 4-screw for a scope. But knowing how it shoots and i cant shoot it as well as i used to make it a easy decision.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top