JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am semi considering getting a scoped revolver. I have a few thousand .38/.357 lead bullets that needed loaded and shot. I have couple of .38/.357 guns but don't shoot them often.

Several years ago I saw a really nice one and should have bought it at the time. I do not recall the brand but looking around online it looks like it might have been a Taurus Tracker. The one I had seen was .38 only and I see now is a .38/.357. I think it was a Tracker because it was that kinda flat grey color and had the "vent rib" where the scope mounted. I liked the "medium" size frame of a gun that felt nice in the hand. IIRC it had about a 6" barrel on it.

Any help with what gun it might have been and where I might find one? I hit 4 gun stores today and could not find anything close, but there were few revolvers in stock.

The trackers take a scope base, but only the 6" barrel model. I really want to get one of the 4" in .357 but am tempted by the 6" just for the optics capability. 6" is longer than I prefer, but that gun isn't a huge frame to begin with.

Well Nwcid,I've seen some of your toys and all I can say is why buy a Taurus when you can afford a nice gun? Pretty sure the Tracker is what you are referring to
Taurus is a decent gun. I've had a few and sold them quickly
Rather spend a little more and get a S&W or Ruger.Most all newer revolvers have scope mounts available.(revolver hunting is bigger out east)

As far as keeping it steady,rest it on the picnic table on your back deck........where you shoot 400 yards
I shoot my handguns with open sites at 100 yards and hit stuff,so with a scope you should be good out a lot farther

Why the Taurus, they seem to fit me well. I know the "quality" difference but I have/had several and never had a problem. I am keeping my eye open as I hit the shops though. While I know quality plays a role, when it comes to pistols to me fit is equally important.

My plan is just plinking away at 50-100 yards for fun. I am not sure what scope I am going with, but I had not planned on going over 2x.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top