Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Scope worth more than the rifle!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by oregonty, Feb 16, 2012.

1. oregonty

oregonty Salem, OR Active Member

Finally got around to completing my Mosin Nagant rifle project! I cut off the old bolt handle and had my friend weld on a new one. Installed the scope rail and mounted my optics. I can finally say that I have optics that cost three times as much as the rifle. Woot Woot…….It actually shoots decent. It is by no means a tack driver but about what I expected out of the rifle and cheap ammo. Target photo is at the bottom.
    I spent a total of $40.22. I had the optics and crappy rings laying around to use. I modified the ATI Mosin Nagant Scope Mount with Bolt Handle kit. Optics are Burris Fullfield 3x9. Target shot at 100yrds. :cool:

FYI....Do not weld a new handle onto the bolt without completely disassembling it. It will ruin the firing pin spring. Ask me how I know this! :eek:

IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg

2. Tbucket

Tbucket Olympia,Wash. Active Member

Looks good, that firing pin spring did not like all that heat? LOL.

3. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Minute of bad guy. Looks good.

4. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member

Nice!

This is my 1946 Izzy with a S&K Scout mount thats worth more than the NcStar 2-7x32 scope... Three inch group in the sled with brass cased Yugo Heavy ball at 100 yds if you let her cool down between groups.

1946M44Izzy006.jpg

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  5. oregonty

oregonty Salem, OR Active Member

Nice EMP! I hope to get some other ammo to shoot a bit better. Still a kick in the pants to shoot. One of my favorites.