JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finally got around to completing my Mosin Nagant rifle project! I cut off the old bolt handle and had my friend weld on a new one. Installed the scope rail and mounted my optics. I can finally say that I have optics that cost three times as much as the rifle. Woot Woot.......It actually shoots decent. It is by no means a tack driver but about what I expected out of the rifle and cheap ammo. Target photo is at the bottom.
I spent a total of $40.22. I had the optics and crappy rings laying around to use. I modified the ATI Mosin Nagant Scope Mount with Bolt Handle kit. Optics are Burris Fullfield 3x9. Target shot at 100yrds. :cool:

FYI....Do not weld a new handle onto the bolt without completely disassembling it. It will ruin the firing pin spring. Ask me how I know this! :eek:

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg
IMG_0192.jpg
IMG_0188.jpg
IMG_0187.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!

This is my 1946 Izzy with a S&K Scout mount thats worth more than the NcStar 2-7x32 scope... Three inch group in the sled with brass cased Yugo Heavy ball at 100 yds if you let her cool down between groups.

1946M44Izzy006.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews