JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK,

I bought a 50 BMG. I didn't have a lot of money for a scope after the price of the rifle and ammo, lol. So I purchased a SWFA fixed power scope for it. I own a few SWFA scopes and for the price they have worked well for me, but I want to try a something different. I'm looking for variable power, 30mm tube, hopefully some ability for zero stop, and most of my scopes are second focal plane. Not sure if FFP is better for long range?

Any suggestions?

I would like to keep it under $1,000.

Thanks

I put a Vortex Viper PST on a 50 bmg. It was sub $1000 and I wanted something with a no-questions lifetime warranty if the 50 shook anything loose on the scope.

The Gen 2 is FFP and I see it online for $899 range

I used Badger rings which are more expensive but I did not want the scope losing zero either

Performed well, nothing shook loose, good eye relief, though I never was able to get to a very long distance range before giving it to my son

I personally prefer FFP but I shot long for quite a few years successfully with a SFP
The SWFA 5x20 isn't the most modern or trendy scope but they are durable.
PST's are a decent option In that price range

I put a Vortex Viper PST on a 50 bmg. It was sub $1000 and I wanted something with a no-questions lifetime warranty if the 50 shook anything loose on the scope.

The Gen 2 is FFP and I see it online for $899 range

I used Badger rings which are more expensive but I did not want the scope losing zero either

Performed well, nothing shook loose, good eye relief, though I never was able to get to a very long distance range before giving it to my son
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to go check one out.

I was fortunate to have come across a used Nightforce in almost open box like shape...for $800.
Nice, bright, great resolution and on a good day, I could hit a dinner plate at 600 yards with 50BMG
with regularity

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews