Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Scope recommendations

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Grizzly_A, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

I'm in the market for a scope. Trouble is I can't decide what I want. I was thinking about looking at a red dot/holo sight, but I'm also kinda a traditionalist and like regular rifle scopes.

I'm thinking something that I could use for hunting/shooting that's not terribly expensive. I was thinking about something in the $2xx range, but I'm a bit tight and could always spend the extra on bullets and ammo.

I need something for a rimfire, but not exclusively. (though it won't be on anything larger than a .308win) Looking for something in the 4x-16x range, but will settle for a 3-9 if I need to.

I had been considering the BSA Sweet 22 6x-18x, but reviews seem mixed.

Plus there are those red dot/holo sights but not sure about them yet.

Anyway, any recommendations would be helpful.

2. lwnemesis

lwnemesis Seattle Member

Get a Mueler APV they are about $115. Great scope for the money.

3. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Check out Kalinka optics (google it) before you buy. Russian optics of every size and flavor.

SF-

4. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

I bought a APV when they first came out. Nice scope and my 2nd Mueller.

I might look into the Bushnell Trophy. And I'll think I'll google kalinka now. :)

Anyone like any red dots? I really like the trijicon ones, but that's way out of my price range.

5. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I would check out the Redfield brand. redfield.com would be a good starting point.