JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Out of the three bolt action rifles I own, by far my Yugoslavian Mauser is the most accurate. I want to scope it and use it as a hunting rifle, but I don't want to do anything too drastic to the receiver. Anyone know of any good scout scope mounts that will fit on these rifles?

Try looking at the "Brass Stacker Anchor Point Series Mauser Scout Scope Mount" systems.
They have a YouTube video that shows an installation that does not alter your firearm.
The only drawback with this system is that it is for a scout scope or long eye relief optics..

S+K make some nice scout mounts that I've used in the past. B Square is another name I keep hearing tossed around as well. The S+K I know is a no-drill system and uses your original setup. LER scopes are certainly a drawback but "Better" than iron sights for some of us. LER scopes are not TOO hard to find but I could never find one of even moderate quality for less than $250-$300. I wanted to try the Leatherwood Hi-Lux but never got around to it.

Wow, It sounds like this is going to cost me about as much as I paid for the gun to begin with. I am a machinist though, so perhaps I can drill and tap myself. I know that the M48 action is shorter overall than the K98 action it was based on, so I don't know if standard Mauser scope mounts would work with it. Suggestions?

I used a Leupold one piece for Mauser. It will tell you where to drill if you choose to do so. Keep in mind that the military steel will be a lot harder than you might expect. Rich's Gun Shop in Donald did the job for me and I could not be happier. Went to a Redfield Revolution 3x9 and never looked back.

I just found a website that sells original equipment from Zastava. But I'll take a look at the Leupold as well. If the price is right I may go for that. I'd love to know where to drill. I've worked with hard materials before, it's just a matter of using the right speed and a good amount of cutting oil.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top