JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so I'm not at al familiar with scopes and whatnot, so
In the interest of furthering my firearms knowledge, I would hope someone could answer this questions: what do all the numbers mean??

3x9x4o?

6.5x20?

15-45x60mm?

3.5-10x44?

What does it all mean?

3 times normal view power zoom. 1 being what you regularly see. Through 9 times normal view zoom by a 40mm objective lens.

6.5 power zoom with a 20mm objective lens.

15-45 power zoom with a 44mm objective lens.

3.5 to 10 power zoom with a 44 mm objective lens.

Usually the first set is the magnification rather a fixed power or a range of. The second number being the size of the objective lens.

3x9x40
Three times magnification thru nine times magnification.
40 is the diameter of the objective glass or front of the scope.
Same formula for the others. The 6.5x20 is not giving you the objective glass measurement so it's just magnification.
1" tube or 30 mm tube is the size of the body between the front and rear of the scope, this determines the size of the rings you'll need to mount the scope to the firearm.
Always ask if you don't know, no such thing as a dumb question, especially with firearms and power tools, lol.

First set is magnification range, 3-9x, 4-12x, 4-16x, etc. if it's a fixed power scope it will only have one number.

The last number will be the objective diameter in millimeters. Some will have AO for adjustable objective or SF for side focus to be able to adjust focus on your target.

It is the diameter of the lens at the end of the scope. That is, opposite the eyepiece. The larger objective lenses have more light gathering ability. Useful in twilight conditions!:)

Alright gotcha; this is why I love this site, I wanted clarification on something and within 15 minutes, three members jumped in to answer my question. Thanx guys!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top