JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@erudne

U really need to check out the vx-6 line from leupold. If you are going to get a 4.5-14 u should specifically look at the 3-18 vx-6. I'm telling you based on a side by side comparison that it is a clear as a top of the line Zeiss at a fraction of the price.

Wow. Poopload of advice here. If ya shoot the same target at the same range most the time, then the guy who first said "same power" is absolutely right.

If you shoot targets, you should probably focus on a single-power scope: it grants two things: integrity and reliability. You will learn it as the palm of your hand.

Even if you later take this gun on a sporting trip, and think a variable scope is appropriate, you will have already educated yourself to what is necessary (and more importantly : what is useless), if you make that decision.

I would suggest going on youtube and looking up tiborasaurusrex videos on scope selection. he has a list of questions that you can ask yourself and help you narrow down what you are looking for. i think i have watched 50 hours of his videos and they all seem very informative when it comes to long range shooting

Do any of these "other" scopes come with an MP-8 Dot reticle? If not then it is really pointless.......

Not sure how effective a fixed power scope is when trying to shoot from 100-1000 yard at different size objects. I am guessing ground squirrels are awful small at 500 yards with a fixed 10x.

Depending on the range the 3.5-18x should be plenty to about 1000 yds.

The 6-24x would be plenty out to a mile or more, which is what a .300 WM ends up getting used for, or at least tried, sooner or later.

10x fixed can work up to 1000 yds and a little beyond, but it's not as versatile as the variable power optics: part of the KISS mantra for less things to go wrong in an optic and an always "calibrated" mil-dot reticle.

Like the 6x24x40 scopes my sons have. Looking to get 6x12x40 for my 7mm mag and 22-250. Can't see little critters very far away any more so don't figure I need a scope that can see futher then I can. Gettin old really bites a big one.

If you already have the shorter ranges covered and don't plan to packing it in the woods I think a larger magnification is in order. I doubt your dollars will buy you the same scope 5 years from now. You don't have a large magnification scope yet (I assume). Your 300WM will reach out there so it is good to have the option. Depending on your age you should consider your eyesight could deteriorate some in the future and the extra magnification would be helpful.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top