JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got a ruger .44 carbine (looks like a 10/22, only much better) with a peep sight on it, and I can't hit anything with it. I don't like peeps anyway, and finally ordered a scope base for it, but I don't know what kind of scope I should get. It will probably be awhile before I actually get around to buying a scope for it anyway, as I have other things I want to buy first, and a limited amount of money, but I want to know what kind of scope would be good for this gun?

I don't plan on shooting long distances with it, and it will only be used for shooting pop cans, water jugs, other assorted garbage. I'm only looking to spend $50-$80, but I figure I should be able to get something that will be suitable for that price range hopefully.

Pretty much the only ammo I'll be shooting in it is hornady 240gr XTP handloads too, if that makes a difference at all.

So, what brand/magnification should I get? Fixed? Variable? I know basically nothing about scopes, and other than a hensholdt(?) "sniper" scope on my PTR91, every scope I've ever bought was a junk scope from walmart.

thanks

For the price range that you are looking for I suggest that you look at Tasco scopes. They have beaucoup models to choose from. When I was stationed at SUBASE Pearl Harbor I bought a 3x9 power in 1982 or 83 and mounted it to a S&W 1500 in .270. I've owned nicer scopes since but the Tasco is still doing yeoman duty on that .270.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top