JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Morning all!

I'm looking for a good, affordable scope for my Marlin 30-30. I'm not in the market of for a Zeiss or a Leupold...or trying to give anyone "scope envy", I just need a good scope at a great price.

I'm decent shot with the iron sites until it gets dark, so I need something that will collect a little light for low-light conditions around dusk and pre-dawn. I shouldn't need to go crazy on an expensive scope to find one that will capitalize a little bit of light. Hunting/Shooting in total darkness is not the goal, FWIW.

By and large the opinions I've found are for a 4x32. Can anyone recommend a make and model?

Thanks!

Take a look at the redfield revolution scopes. They seem like a great scope for the money and they are backed by leupolds lifetime warranty. The 3-9x that I bought was a hair over $200.

Well, it is very doubtful you will find bright glass for low bucks. High performance at reasonable cost is what Leupold is all about. When you step down from that level, you will not find dawn or dusk function.

You will not regret spending a few more dollars on a good scope (or binoculars). Don't be afraid to look at used ones, especially used Leupolds. I have a very nice Leupold VXII 3-9x40 that I bought used at a gun show. If you can pony up $150-200 or a little better, you'll get the use out of the scope that you are looking for.
If that's just out of your range, I've been around a few Bushnell Banners and Simmons Deerfield scopes that I thought worked pretty well considering the few dollars spent.

However, when I first saw the title of this thread I thought os a small objective Leupold I just saw on here for about $250. Made me think I should pick it up for the grandson...

Bushnell Banner. Just bought one Bushnell Banner Rifle Scope 1.5-4.5x 32mm Wide Angle Multi-X Reticle
Made in Korea. Very pleasantly surprised. Very nice glass as nice as my Leupy varix-iii. Fell out of my chair of how nice glass it is.
Guys on Marlin owners forum sent me that way. Best bang for the buck. Guess I am not a scope snob anymore. These Banners blow my mind how they can build these so cheap and how good they are.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top