JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been kicking around the idea of mounting a scope on a Magnum Research BFR, if for no other reason I haven't done so in the past. I don't scope firearms very often, but if I can, stick with Leupold. Though not sure that is an option in this case.

Any recommendation? Thanks. :)

Leupold makes an FX2 in matte silver to go with stainless revolvers.

1615582775304.jpeg

I would read the warranty. In order to prevent a warranty denial later I'd also email the manufacturer and ask whether your intended application is compatible with the specific model scope you are considering. Keep that email in your files.

I have a 4x Leupold on my 45-70 Contender. I don't like it as much as I thought I would. Got a 1.75x (IIRC) Contender scope on another barrel I got in trade. I liked that scope much better and put it on the 45-70 barrel. The 4x is nice and clear, but I have a very hard time finding the target and keeping it steady.

Last Edited:
Yeah. Put a rail on it, that way you can play with varied optics and positions, many long eye relief magnified scopes will work better mounted further forward. Have you considered a RDS? Personally I like black optics on stainless guns. What caliber is it?

Thanks for the notes. Hadn't really considered an RDS, but will do some research. Caliber is .50 Action Express.

I have a 4x Leupold on my 45-70 Contender. I don't like it as much as I thought I would. Got a 1.75x (IIRC) Contender scope on another barrel I got in trade. I liked that scope much better and put it on the 45-70 barrel. The 4x is nice and clear, but I have a very hard time finding the target and keeping it steady.

Anything over 2x on a pistol has to be a variable power, IMO

I'd put this baby on there and call it a day...
https://www.leupold.com/vx-3-handgun-25-8x32-duplex-riflescope

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads