JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a higher end 6.8 rifle I am putting together and need some glass. It will be for hunting medium sized game (coyotes, deer) and general target use. Weight is important, but not super concerned. I have been looking at the VXR line by leupold, accupowers, and a few from vortex. I am looking for something in the 2-7X range, can go lower or higher. 700-800 range max. Am I overlooking any brands or models.

I second the VX3i. My bro has it on his Tikka, and it's remarkably clear glass.

All my ARs have BUIS, and I prefer to not have something that has a rigid eye relief.
Bought a Burris AR536 and hated it. Had to sit it so far back, it got in the way of the charging handle.
I use only one true scope on my ARs, a Sig Tango 6 1-6x24. Amazing clarity and the eye relief is forgiving.
I use NV on another one, that is also usable during the day.
Two of my ARs have scout scopes.
For fastest sight acquisition in glass, by far the best one is the Leupold Scout.

My 6.8 runs with BUIS and the Sig Tango 6.

A hunting model aimpoint is a good choice, I can hit a coyote target at 200 yards with mine, or a low power scope with good light gathering ability like a 1.5x6x42 scope.

I do like the Leupold VR-X scopes with firedot. I have the VR-X 2-7 with firedot on my coyote AR after trying 4 different scopes. I find the dot is great for target aqusition in any light and I use it for nite time coyotes also.
I have the same in 3x9 on a big game rifle.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top