Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Scope for a 22 mag

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by rick49, Dec 16, 2014.

1. rick49

rick49 Lewis Well-Known Member

I will pick up a new Ruger American 22 mag on Fri. I am looking to put 3 x 9 x 32 glass on it. (the reviews I've read put that on theirs is the reason I chose it) The rifle was 265 bucks so I'm not looking for a high end scope and rings but rather getting some bang for my fixed income dollars. I know Santa will probably have a gift card or two in my stocking 'cause I have taken out the garbage all year without being told:)..the warden has hinted at such.

Ideas? Recommendations? This is my first scope purchase, the rest of my rifles were bought with glass attached.
    Thanks

2. Twodogs

Twodogs portland Or Active Member

How about a Mueller APV 4x14 AO joe bobs sells them for around $128.00 I've got one on my 10-22.
    I went with a Burris 4x14 timberline on my ruger .22 mag love that rifle.

3. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

Simmons is the only one I know of for a scope specifically for a 22 mag. Probably around $50-60 for their 3-9. But I don't know if it's calibrated for a 22 mag or if that's just the product name. I don't have any personal experience with that particular model, but I used a Simmons 4x32 on my first 22 and didn't have any problems. Decent glass.

4. rick49

Found a Nikon Prostaff for 107.00. I got the last one Sportco had. Thanks for the suggestions.

5. AMT

AMT Vancouver, WA. Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Is the Nikon for 22LR and 22Mag? If not, you may muck it up when shooting it with your 22Mag.

6. rick49

Box says any rim fire. Lifetime warranty.

7. AMT

AMT Vancouver, WA. Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

:s0155: