JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got a spare red dot lined up, I'll be starting with that until I get the itch to take it passed 50 yards. Not entirely sure what 9mm is capable of honestly. I was hoping someone had a scope on a PCC to shed some light.

Lol, don't tempt me. I've hit at 1000 yards with a Glock 19 once.

It only sounds good up until I say how many shots I took.
You can reliably hit silhouettes at 200 yards on the BP range at tcgc with a 9mm. I prefer a scope over the red dot for plinking with a 9mm. However, for some applications a red dot is superior. I would go scope for a bolt action as fast target acquisition would not be my ideal for a bolt action. For longer shots, IMO only, irons are superior to red dots. I find it harder to do holdovers with a red dot. A magnified red dot is cool, too, but if you are doing holdovers, frankly, I prefer a marked reticle over a red dot. I typically shoot silhouettes at the 100-150 yard range with a 9mm for reference. I do like hitting the gong at 200 too.

FWIW, I have 9mm carbines with red dot, scope, and magnifier and red dot. 9mm carbines are my favorite. While I really don't like bolt actions much, part of me really wants a TC encore barrel made in 9mm. (I shoot lefty and bolts always just feel awkward compared to levers, pumps, and break actions.)

Last Edited:
SWFA 1x4 on my 9mm
Was hitting steel at 375 yards last weekend.
1F0389A9-E5CB-476D-A39F-5CCFDCF40D17.jpeg

I've got an utg bugbuster on my ruger pcc 9mm carbine. Only fine to 100 yards so far but does a good job. Can usually find them new for about 60 to 70 bucks.

Come on people .
Even if you could hit something at 500 or 1000 yards with a 9mm so what.
The Velocity will so low good luck with a one shot kill.

You can reliably hit silhouettes at 200 yards on the BP range at tcgc with a 9mm.

You guys are good. With one of my 10mm Auto pistols, I can hit the black ball on a (rifle) paper target at 50 yards which for me is very good. But of the many handguns I own, none has a scope. They all have whatever factory sights they came with. As a practical matter, I leave the longer range stuff for a rifle. That's just my own personal doctrine, whatever works for or pleases others I have no argument with.

Pistol or pistol-like cartridges in long guns kinda fit a niche between handgun and rifle. Really not envisioned for long ranges. Years ago, I had a Ruger PC4 carbine in .40 S&W and it was fun but not serious for longer ranges.

I'll never forget a quotation from my father-in-law. Do they call them combat infantrymen in the USMC? That's what he was, anyway, from August 1942 on Guadalcanal to the end of the war. His first rifle overseas in the Marines was an '03 Springfield, which they later turned in for M1 Rifles. I knew that most enlisted Marines carried the Rifle. I asked him once, "Did your officers carry the M1 Carbine?" He answered. "Officers who took their shooting seriously carried the Rifle."

I got my hands on a 1.5-4 Leupold via the classifieds. I'll start with that on the rifle once I get it back. If I don't like it, I have an extra red dot eagerly waiting to go with it.

My thoughts are to enjoy the silhouette range at Tri county with a little bigger round. That and try and load some accurate 9mm for the sake of "why not".

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top