JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes this is posted in the bolt action rifle section.

Yes the title states 9mm.

Ive done a deep dive and I'll soon have my hands on a gun I've wanted for some time, but never committed.

Got extra mags ordered already for it.

Now I'm looking into scopes.

I'm undecided on going red dot, or a simple low power scope.

What's your thoughts? Treat this like a 22lr and get a scope for up to 50 yards?

Ive thought about the Primary Arms ACSS 22lr reticle, and frankly their fixed 6x scope, I'm curious if the ballistics are similar enough to get the hold overs a chance.

Those that have a Ruget 77/357, what scope do you have?

Thanks!

Reno

The M22 TCM tactical takes the success and popularity of the 22 TCM cartridge and combines it with the M22 TCM bolt action rifle to create a small game hunter's dream. This tactical rifle comes equipped with a polymer stock with an adjustable length of pull and comb height, metal top rail, and a 22" ordinance steel barrel. The M22 TCM is compatible with 17-round magazines from the Rock Island 22 TCM 1911, making it the perfect companion for any High Capacity TCM series pistol.

M22 TCM Tactical 22TCM | Armscor International, Inc

M22_TCM_Tactical_Rifle_rightprofile.jpg

Mostly plinking, quietly. Silhouette range, fun gun.

TCM will put a hurt on silhouette targets... You sure yer not mistaking it for the 9mm option of their 9mm/.22TCM? (Never mind... answered above)

Red dot.

My red dot on a 12ga with slugs is sighted at 100yds. My AR pistol with red dot is sighted at 25yds.

Oh, I thought for a moment there that you had unearthed a Spanish "Destroyer" 9mm carbine.

Well, since the proproietary .22 cartridge has some range and presumably accuracy, and if your eyes are reasonably good, then a low power variable might do the job. if possible, a forward mounted 2-7X pistol scope?

Anything that tops out around 25x. Let's see how far that 9mm will go :D
Lol, don't tempt me. I've hit at 1000 yards with a Glock 19 once.

It only sounds good up until I say how many shots I took.

TCM will put a hurt on silhouette targets... You sure yer not mistaking it for the 9mm option of their 9mm/.22TCM? (Never mind... answered above)

Red dot.

My red dot on a 12ga with slugs is sighted at 100yds. My AR pistol with red dot is sighted at 25yds.
Most shots I take with things I own and red dots is maybe 50 yards.

My curiosity is, if having a bit more zoom on a bolt action in 9mm is worth it?

Ive seen folks with scopes on things like the Ruger PC Carbine, so maybe...

Holosun green.

We managed to pull a 1.5" group with handloads using a 3 MOA dot at 50y with the PC-9.

I say that to show the reticle was capable as the shooter to shoot the group.

I've ran a 1-4 Vortex on the same 9mm and shot a reasonable sized group out to 100y with it. More capable than I had imagined.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top