JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have used Shepherd Scopes on my other rifles and would like a nice scope for my Savage .22WMR bolt action. What I like is $800. but the gun only cost less than $300. and that pricey of a scope for a 300. dollar gun is hard for me to buy. Leupold, Nikon, Shepherd and typically what I like. Any recommendations for a quality scope for this .22WMR caliber? Thank you

depends on what is rifle setup for, shooting off hand or with bipod.

I shoot off hand most of the time, so I ended up with:

Leupold VX Freedom 1.5 - 4 x20 for Ruger 10/22

Leupold Fx1 4x28 for CZ 455 Lux .22lr

Glass is very clear for lower end scopes and I am happy with it.

IF you can find one, a discontinued Leupold 3x-9x Compact (later called Ultralight) with Adjustable Objective is what I have on my custom Contender .22 WMR.

The AO or any parallax adjustment feature is I believe essential for the WMR, as this cartridge may regularly be employed at ranges from 25-150 yards.

If you DO find one, and don't want it, PM me!

I ran a Bushnell on my last 22 mag. I can't remember the model, but it wasn't one of those cheapies found in a blister package at wally world.

Hawke makes a good one with range marks out to 200 yrds, I've got a Vortex on mine but I had the scope laying around when I bought the rifle.

IF you can find one, a discontinued Leupold 3x-9x Compact (later called Ultralight) with Adjustable Objective is what I have on my custom Contender .22 WMR.

The AO or any parallax adjustment feature is I believe essential for the WMR, as this cartridge may regularly be employed at ranges from 25-150 yards.

If you DO find one, and don't want it, PM me!
Theres a current production 3-9 leupold vx freedom with AO. I have one on my .22wmr.

Theres a current production 3-9 leupold vx freedom with AO. I have one on my .22wmr.

Blocky. Sharp. Shampoo bottle for an eyepiece....jus' ain't the same smooth and graceful best scope Leupold ever made for light rifles.:)

thanks for all the suggestions.... I'm an off-hand shooter - no plans for real purpose at this time... getting older faster than I am getting out to shoot.... appreciate the input

Wait until the gun shows open back up. You can find lots of good used scopes at reasonable prices. I have an old Weaver K4 with fine cross hairs on my Marlin 22 mag. I use it for black birds and starlings out to 100 yards.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top