JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Funny. After Schumer says there is no good reason for them to be legal (he's wrong about that, BTW), a pilot standing with him says:

Aiming green laser lights at aircraft "is no different than lighting up a cigarette in the bathroom of a plane," said Rubin, adding that a colleague who suffered severe eye damage from a green laser pointer will never fly again.

Interesting. It's NO DIFFERENT than lighting up a cigarette in the bathroom of a plane. If that is the logic they want to use, then why aren't they seeking a ban on cigarettes too? They serve no purpose and kill many, many people every year according to the CDC's own numbers. Yet they aren't calling for a ban on those, probably because they generate so much tax revenue for the government.

A bunch of corn-hole kissing hypocrites, the whole lot of them.

Well I'd heard there was a federal law for NOT smoking on commercial aircraft. I say commercial as I would hope a pilot flying his own plane doesn't have to worry about some Richard fed busting him for lighting up in the cockpit.

Maybe he is worried about a laser designator being pointed at him when shtf day comes and they point missiles at the citizens. ............hmmm

I like powerful green lasers as much as the next guy, but there really is very little use for them. You don't need to be pointing out things 1 mile away, the laser on your gun will be much less powerful than the ones they want to ban. Pointing at stars is really the only "use" I can see for them other than having fun. It sucks that people misuse toys to hurt people. I imagine if people were frequently releasing helium balloons that could get sucked into an engine, they might ban those as well. Any practical uses that I'm missing?

My dogs would seriously beg to differ. Ask any of them and they will tell you the green laser is the greatest thing that ever has been or will be invented and life without it would be empty and meaningless.

I don't think the lasers should be outlawed, but I think the penalty for aiming them at airplanes is much too soft. I've been zorched by one once over LA, but luckily ducked before it hit my eyes directly. I think the perpetrators should be charged with a count of attempted murder for every soul onboard their target, and should pay for any medical bills and any loss of work due to it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top