JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That principle is a serious mental case. Yeah he will get them killed for sure.
Someone needs to sign his commitment papers.

I'm curious how he came up with canned food. If the plan is to throw something, why not just go outside and stock up on some rocks? These are free and more accurate. Cans are bigger but like everyone says here, it's all about placement...

Shot gun fired in the air to scare burglars away...Check!

Canned beans to throw at terrorists......................Check!

Are they going to keep them locked up and holstered to prevent negligent discharge

The food cans would be stored in classrooms and students wouldn't be carrying them around school, Hodge told the AP.

Sounds like the cans would be kept in the classrooms, perhaps in an arms locker... :s0054:

Gotta go with Taku on this one. It's pretty clear that Principal Holley's grip on reality is slipping more then just a little bit. If the inability to distinguish reality from fantasy is a loose definition of psychosis, then her 'canned food defense' can be seen as psychotic behavior. This is a person who has no business being around children - except, perhaps, on visiting day.

Ex Gladio Libertas

Teachers are taught to barricade classroom doors if an intruder is in the school, but if that fails, the guns and items such as pocket knives could be used, she said.

"If somebody is going to force their way through, then as the last resort you would start using any weapons you could get your hands on," Hodge said.

Asked whether shooting a handgun could make a student a target, Hodge said they would already be a target at that point.

"If it comes to the situation that they are forced to do that, then they are a target because they've not been able to evacuate," she said.

If the guns are not needed for security, they will be used in gun safety training classes, Holley told parents.

"We hope the guns will never be used or needed, but it is best to be prepared," she wrote.

The request for guns has generated much discussion in the community near the Alabama-Georgia line, but there have been few complaints, Hodge said.

"We had a meeting at the school last night to try to educate parents on it because there had been such a stir," Hodge said. About 15 parents showed up and most of the discussion was positive, she said.

There! I fixed it for her.:)

"The canned food item could stun the intruder or even knock him out until the police arrive," Holley wrote. "The canned food item will give the students a sense of empowerment to protect themselves and will make them feel secure in case an intruder enters their classroom."
This might be one of the most BIZARRE things I have ever read in my life. This principal should be charged with child endangerment or something along the lines of creating an unsafe environment.

If the plan is to throw something, why not just go outside and stock up on some rocks?
Because a ROCK could be construed as a bludgeon or missile which have been historically used as what? WEAPONS! SO in an attempt to desensitize children to the use of weapons they resort to using a most non-weapon-like item - canned food. Perhaps they should get Liam Neeson to film a PSA for the school district demonstrating a 'Special set of skills' needed to effectively utilize the cans as 'deterrents'

Morons....

The last thing I want my kid doing is to stand up and be a target while throwing can of corn!!!!

Thankfully, mines smart enough to hide or run not stand up and throw things....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

Even my wife laughed at the story.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member
Vancouver Rifle and Pistol Club member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Even if it wasn't meant as sarcasm it's helping pro-gun Teachers/parents by showing how pointless anything less than a gun is against an armed bad guy.
Really starts a conversation in that School. Maybe it's a tactic that pro gunners should use. A little reverse psychology!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top