Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

school to use canned food to "empower" kids against gunmen

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by bakersman345, Jan 15, 2015.

1. bakersman345

bakersman345 Camas wa Well-Known Member

ZA_Survivalist likes this.
  2. DAPSRT

DAPSRT Dallas, Or Active Member

Key words in the article are "last resort". At any rate at least they can "bean" them if necessary!! :D

Sstrand likes this.
  3. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

That principle is a serious mental case. Yeah he will get them killed for sure.
    Someone needs to sign his commitment papers.

frauhunter and Caveman Jim like this.
  4. EUGENE the REALTOR

EUGENE the REALTOR Portland Metro Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

I'm curious how he came up with canned food. If the plan is to throw something, why not just go outside and stock up on some rocks? These are free and more accurate. Cans are bigger but like everyone says here, it's all about placement...

bakersman345 likes this.
  5. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Shot gun fired in the air to scare burglars away...Check!

Canned beans to throw at terrorists......................Check!

Slobray, jbett98, scooter and 2 others like this.
  6. bakersman345

bakersman345 Camas wa Well-Known Member

Are they going to keep them locked up and holstered to prevent negligent discharge

Quacky88, Hungus85, Slobray and 2 others like this.
  7. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Negligent throwing..........[emoji53]

Caveman Jim likes this.
  8. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

..OR the teachers/ faculty can sack up and carry a firearm.

If it was my job to work with children how could I NOT protect them with every fiber of my being?!

Slobray and Caveman Jim like this.
  9. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

You guys are wrong . . . I think the principal is a woman . . .

Sheldon

Caveman Jim likes this.
  10. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

Canned laughter. :s0109:

bnsaibum, Hungus85 and 808hondacrguy like this.
  11. frauhunter

frauhunter Central Oregon Member

The food cans would be stored in classrooms and students wouldn't be carrying them around school, Hodge told the AP.

Sounds like the cans would be kept in the classrooms, perhaps in an arms locker... :s0054:

Gotta go with Taku on this one. It's pretty clear that Principal Holley's grip on reality is slipping more then just a little bit. If the inability to distinguish reality from fantasy is a loose definition of psychosis, then her 'canned food defense' can be seen as psychotic behavior. This is a person who has no business being around children - except, perhaps, on visiting day.

Ex Gladio Libertas

12. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Teachers are taught to barricade classroom doors if an intruder is in the school, but if that fails, the guns and items such as pocket knives could be used, she said.

"If somebody is going to force their way through, then as the last resort you would start using any weapons you could get your hands on," Hodge said.

Asked whether shooting a handgun could make a student a target, Hodge said they would already be a target at that point.

"If it comes to the situation that they are forced to do that, then they are a target because they've not been able to evacuate," she said.

If the guns are not needed for security, they will be used in gun safety training classes, Holley told parents.

"We hope the guns will never be used or needed, but it is best to be prepared," she wrote.

The request for guns has generated much discussion in the community near the Alabama-Georgia line, but there have been few complaints, Hodge said.

"We had a meeting at the school last night to try to educate parents on it because there had been such a stir," Hodge said. About 15 parents showed up and most of the discussion was positive, she said.

There! I fixed it for her.:)

13. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

This might be one of the most BIZARRE things I have ever read in my life. This principal should be charged with child endangerment or something along the lines of creating an unsafe environment.

14. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Because a ROCK could be construed as a bludgeon or missile which have been historically used as what? WEAPONS! SO in an attempt to desensitize children to the use of weapons they resort to using a most non-weapon-like item - canned food. Perhaps they should get Liam Neeson to film a PSA for the school district demonstrating a 'Special set of skills' needed to effectively utilize the cans as 'deterrents'

15. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

Most schools don't allow food fights . . .

Sheldon

frauhunter and MTpockets like this.
  16. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Morons....

The last thing I want my kid doing is to stand up and be a target while throwing can of corn!!!!

Thankfully, mines smart enough to hide or run not stand up and throw things....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

17. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
    Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

Even my wife laughed at the story.

Deen
    NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
    "Defender of Freedom" award
    NRA Golden Eagle member
    WAC member
    Vancouver Rifle and Pistol Club member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

18. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Is it possible the Principal is suggesting cans for self defense as sarcasm to open a discussion on why teachers can't be armed?

19. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Even if it wasn't meant as sarcasm it's helping pro-gun Teachers/parents by showing how pointless anything less than a gun is against an armed bad guy.
    Really starts a conversation in that School. Maybe it's a tactic that pro gunners should use. A little reverse psychology!

bnsaibum likes this.
  20. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Hopefully they stock some cans of spinach and Popeye is taking some remedial classes.

bakersman345 likes this.