JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The handgun used to murder the students was purchased legally by his father at the Cabela's in Tulalip. What is I-594 going to do now? If anything this proves even more how useless I-594 law will be, since it shows that criminals will be able to acquire guns through other means.

Look at all the laws the shooter broke to do what he did. He was underage in possession of a firearm. He had a firearm on school premises. He murdered someone. He shot with the intent to murder others. He committed suicide. All already illegal. The passing of I-594 probably would not have mattered to the shooter. Hopefully the citizens of WA state get off their apathetic butts and vote against it.
Why was the pistol available to the shooter. Next we will be forced to store our guns at a government controlled arsenal storage site and check them in and out when we want to shoot them and then only at approved ranges for competition use only.

Of course some "news" outlets are stating it was a "high capacity handgun" but that it had a low capacity mag. :mad:
I have seen many media outlets do this before as well, as recently as the terrorist attack in Ottawa. One site said 'a long gun was used, possibly an assault weapon' or something like that. It was "corrected" about 12 hours later. What they are trying to do is associate the words assault weapon or high capacity magazine with terrorist, school shooting, and mass shooting. When the average person hears those words, for example in proposed legislation banning 'assault weapons', the first thing they think will be evil person shooting innocent people.

The handgun used to murder the students was purchased legally by his father at the Cabela's in Tulalip. What is I-594 going to do now? If anything this proves even more how useless I-594 law will be, since it shows that criminals will be able to acquire guns through other means.

While you are correct, the general population has zero understanding of the way a gun transfer/background check currently works. They are panicked by these events and hastily enact legislation they do not understand to "save the children" because we "have to do something, even if it only saves one life." They do not understand that they are bubbleguming the non-gun owner (possibly them self) who may some day need to borrow a gun temporarily so they may sleep peacefully after an abusive spouse, ex co worker or some random psycho threatens them. They, of course, are also bubbleguming over 99.9% of law-abiding individuals who, because of their guns, lower crime, since the bad guys have no clue who is armed (in their homes, or out in public.)

I have seen many media outlets do this before as well, as recently as the terrorist attack in Ottawa. One site said 'a long gun was used, possibly an assault weapon' or something like that. It was "corrected" about 12 hours later. What they are trying to do is associate the words assault weapon or high capacity magazine with terrorist, school shooting, and mass shooting. When the average person hears those words, for example in proposed legislation banning 'assault weapons', the first thing they think will be evil person shooting innocent people.

Yep...the media has zero accountability anymore. They can report bullbubblegum facts which stick in the public's mind during the time period when they have the most viewers - when people are tuning in to see things as they unfold. News needs to be delayed...back in the day there was no "live" or "real time" news. You read about events in the news paper the day after they happened and that gave the media enough time to get things mostly correct, and if they messed up you had a physical copy of their lies, in hand, which you could use to hold them accountable and require them to print a retraction.

[quote}Hopefully the citizens of WA state get off their apathetic butts and vote against it.[/quote]

I'm highly confident that the reverse will be true, as in, "Boy this is JUST what we need, background checks!"

Sadly as some of those know on this forum, from taking the time to read the whole 18 pages, the BG checks are the public face of an otherwise really bad initiative, whose scope far exceeds the description and will cost the state millions of dollars over the years if it isn't repealed.

Diamondback, I didn't say anything about the guards having to be wearing a uniform.. I said armed guards.. Nor, did I say they need to be carrying in the open.. If anything I would think conceal carry would be a much better option. For example, a guy dressed like faculty or janitor could be the guy..

What I am saying is a person who is trained with a firearm whose sole purpose is protecting lives of the student would greatly reduce the odds of a massacre like we see here.

Look at Seattle Pacific University. A guy armed with pepper spray saved the entire school from several more potential casualties. Now, had the guy been armed with a gun and perhaps a bullet proof vest he would have not been at the disadvantage, but sadly the hero had to be at the disadvantage to abide by our stupid laws.

Amigo, we're in full agreement--was trying to elaborate and further develop your thought, rather than argue. :) When I was doing Executive Protection on a college campus I had a cover of being one of my Principal's employees on the campus paper, justified by having me periodically write articles and otherwise justify my always being there by camouflaging myself as her "administrative assistant."

Of course the useful idiots have been shortchanged in the logic department.

He Shot His Cousin in the Head During the Attack

A prominent elder named Ray Fryberg is the tribes' director of fish and wildlife. He was the subject of this 2012 feature:
Fryberg posted an Instagram last January comparing the number of Americans killed on 9/11 with the "12 million Native Americans killed by Christians."

This seems a little different than the usual school shootings.

http://heavy.com/news/2014/10/jaylen-fryberg-pilchuck-high-school-shooting/
He Shot His Cousin in the Head During the Attack

A prominent elder named Ray Fryberg is the tribes' director of fish and wildlife. He was the subject of this 2012 feature:
Fryberg posted an Instagram last January comparing the number of Americans killed on 9/11 with the "12 million Native Americans killed by Christians."

This seems a little different than the usual school shootings.

http://heavy.com/news/2014/10/jaylen-fryberg-pilchuck-high-school-shooting/

Fishy stuff (pun intended) BTW there were about 1 million indians here at the time of the New England settlements, so that figure is absurd. At least they should argue from a point of truth.. :oops:

Fishy stuff (pun intended) BTW there were about 1 million indians here at the time of the New England settlements, so that figure is absurd. At least they should argue from a point of truth.. :oops:
Probably an on going count. Liquor, high cholesterol diet, suicides caused by depression over portrayal of Indians by Disney etc.
Watching public access tv one day and this beautiful, HOT, young mixed race Indian gal was behind a podium at U O.
bubblegumin about how Disney portrays Pochohantis and all the racist comments she endures like " wow!, your so pretty like that Disney Indian Princess" blah blah!

I mean this girl is young, pretty, getting a College Education and her Native American status will open many doors for her! What is she bubblegumin about!?
The lib professors at UO messed up her mind! She's ruined. Her whole life she will be paranoid about racism now and will probably get depressed about it someday.

Last Edited:
Leftists specialize in teaching minorities to see themselves as victims and to blame all of their shortcomings on bigotry & racism.

With I-594 on the ballot, it's blatantly obvious why the Seattle Times is so focused on the "gun" part of this school shooting to us gun owners. Sadly, to any of our non-gun owning friends, it takes a lot of patience to explain the particulars. I was at a dinner with some friends this past night and we had really intense discussion about this event and its effect on the upcoming election. About half the people there were gun folks and the other half weren't.

Unfortunately for the anti-gun crowd, the shooter so far doesn't fit the stereotype - he was a member of the football team, well-liked by his peers and voted a freshman homecoming prince, a member of a large and prominent Tulalip tribal family, etc. The fact that he targeted members of his own family should send up red flags to anybody investigating the case. Something fishy is going on.

Sadly, all the pro-594 folks keep incessantly babbling about "if it'll just save one life, it's worth it!"... you know what will save lots of lives? A law banning irresponsible people from having children and mistreating them with bad parenting to the point that go around murdering other people's children.

Maybe what we as a country ought to adopt the practices of other countries - if someone commits a heinous crime, their immediate family is fined for their transgression(s) and is forced to make a public apology for raising a criminal that has inflicted harm on society. God forbid we actually hold people responsible for this latest tragedy.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top