JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am in Clark County and my son was home schooled last year but he is now wanting to go back to public school says it was easier :s0114:... We are wanting to start a rifle pistol club he is in the evergreen school district we have 5 kids in the neighborhood that also like to go shooting all parents are ok with it and think it is a good idea.

Anyone know what the legal requirements are to start a rifle pistol club at school I am guessing it will have to be off site? I was thinking maybe talking with Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club see if they would let us rent their facility.

My boy is 13, he has learned a lot about world history with firearms. Marksmanship was one of his favorite classes in home school along with machine shop where we build guns and other things.

I think the place to start is with district administration. They will be able to tell you about the approval process.

There will be a lot of hand-wringing over liability, so you'll want to go in prepared to tell them that any participating kids and their parents will assume all the liability and hold the district harmless in case of any accidents. Supervision by someone with NRA training would be good. Oh, and don't forget to mention that properly-supervised range shooting is WAY safer than football, basketball, or driving to school.

Ive been thinking of trying to start one in the molalla river school district for some time now. let me know if you have any problems or what kind of things you run into, As I think it would be great for our kids.

what we did was a outdoor club,with this it seemed to kinda help cut the red tape,but that was almost 20 years ago.
we did alot of shooting(not with pistols though) lots of trap and archery

Up until the democratic 60s a lot of schools had gun clubs.Kids even kept thier guns in thier lockers.Estacada jr high still had a shooting range in the basement a few yrs ago.But it had been used for storage and etc for a long time...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top